Rap video on 5D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rap video on 5D

Here are the links, choose which ever works best for you. Thank you for viewing it in advance.

Facebook link:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....66561&comments

Youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2K88GbFqg

This is my 1st attempt at shooting a music video, I shot it, edited, color graded and corrected the video. It was shot using about 80% 5D, 15% 7D, and 5% Panny HPX 300. The lenses we shot with were Canon L-series 24mm-70mm zoom and 70-200mm zoom. We were going for a gritty street look with a short film or doc feel.

There was no budget so we shot out doors primarily at golden hour, color corrected and graded with apple's color. I have recently started shooting a 2nd video with a budget although low and what a drastic difference in the camera's performance. The director paid a gaffer to come in and light the sets and the camera's footage looks amazing even with super flat settings.

I realize this music or the artist may not be your style but I'd like to hear what you guys think of the technique and style. Feel free to leave comments at the links as well.

Thanks.

Really good job! I like it! The 3 cameras are mixed very well. Are the shoot with the subject against the sun ( TC 2:11 ) made with the 5D?

Bests,
    Roberto
    Il reale va bene, l'interessante meglio.

Panasonic AG-HPX301/Canon 5D MKII (Canon EF 70-200mm F4L-Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF-Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZF)/Panasonic GH2 14-140/Intel DX58SO/I7 980x/GTX680/12 GB Ram/Matrox MXO2 MiniMax

Comment

Thank you Roberto, Yes the shot into the sun is on the 5D. I saw your question in the forum and I posted a response to your question there. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Ciao Amico Mio !

Comment

Originally posted by ccastro View Post
        Thank you Roberto, Yes the shot into the sun is on the 5D. I saw your question in the forum and I posted a response to your question there. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Ciao Amico Mio !
        You are welcome!
        Great italian!
        Il reale va bene, l'interessante meglio.

Panasonic AG-HPX301/Canon 5D MKII (Canon EF 70-200mm F4L-Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF-Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZF)/Panasonic GH2 14-140/Intel DX58SO/I7 980x/GTX680/12 GB Ram/Matrox MXO2 MiniMax

Comment

Working...
        X