5D and the sun power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D and the sun power!

Hallo to everybody! that's my first thread here! I have a question for you... a friend of mine has made a reportage in south africa with a 5D, but the second day the 5D's LCD dies. The causes are the hot temperature and the fact that he has sometimes points the sun with the lens. I've a 5D from about one year and it never happened to me, but in the manual they suggests to not point the lens directly to the sun. Now my question is this : if i'm doing a pan i've to be aware of the sun or the issue comes when the sun is in the picture for a long period of time? At this moment i've only made studio production with the 5D, but in the summer i've to shoot two videoclips and i want to know how to move correctly to not broke the camera.
    Thank you for the time!
    Bests,
    Roberto
    Il reale va bene, l'interessante è meglio.

Panasonic AG-HPX301/Canon 5D MKII (Canon EF 70-200mm F4L-Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF-Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZF)/Panasonic GH2 14-140/Intel DX58SO/I7 980x/GTX680/12 GB Ram/Matrox MXO2 MiniMax

Hi Roberto, I just put a link up on the 5D forum where I shot several shots directly into the sun and I've also seen many other videos where people shoot directly into the sun and nothing happend to the camera.
    I don't know about your friend or the other footage I've seen out there but when I shot this footage I shot it with a .6 ND filter and a polarizer filter on at the same time.
    I don't know if the camera could do that without it.

Comment

Thank you Carlos! That's an inportant thing to know. I usually use ND so i think that the issue may occurs in hard situations and without precautions. I think at snow landscapes or desert scenarios.
      Thank you again for your time!
      Bests,
      Roberto
      Il reale va bene, l'interessante è meglio.

Panasonic AG-HPX301/Canon 5D MKII (Canon EF 70-200mm F4L-Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF-Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZF)/Panasonic GH2 14-140/Intel DX58SO/I7 980x/GTX680/12 GB Ram/Matrox MXO2 MiniMax

Comment

Working...
      X