MB/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB/s

forgive me if this is readily available information somewhere but i have searched and found nothing. I would like to know what mb/s the canon 5d mk2 records to. I know the sony ex1 records 35mb/s and the new panny cam records at less (i think 25mb/s) but does anyone have any idea what the canon records to?

im just curios as i feel this is extremely important to me because my tests from work which ive had broadcast display such an amazing difference. regardless of the cameras ive used the one thing im certain of is the higher the mb/s is the more 'preserved' the footage looks on tv and when down converted for other mediums.

I think it's around 45 Mbits/s with audio.

Comment

thanks diego, does the audio have an effect on the bits per second the camera is able to achieve?

Comment

The big difference to also consider is that the audio from the Sony & Panasonic is usable whereas we never use the audio from the 5D2. Many people try, most give up and use an external recorder.

Audio should not have a big impact on the codec but rate.
        C100 + Ninja 2, 5D3, Canon XF + XA, GH4, FCPX, FCP7, CS6 etc
        Corporate & Event Videos
        Photo Booth Hire in Yorkshire

Comment

I believe it is almost 50 Mbits/s

The difference is that different codecs are more or less effiencent, so 50 Mbits/s on the 5D may be on par with 24Mbits/s on the AF100
          Please check out my film resume and contact me if you need a DP, AC or Steadicam Operator for an Atlanta-based shoot.

Comment

Thats interesting and really making more sense now. I was wondering why panny and sony (nx35) have opted for 24mbits/s but im guessing its ll in the codec.

Comment

with magic lantern >60MBit !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Ferrows View Post
                Thats interesting and really making more sense now. I was wondering why panny and sony (nx35) have opted for 24mbits/s but im guessing its ll in the codec.
                right!
                I haven't seen any noticeable difference between the two codecs on 5D and GH2

Comment

Working...
                X