Used 5D Mark I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used 5D Mark I

Hellos: I am considering buying a used 5D Mk I. I found a good one with low actuations and decent price. I have a 550D and started into dSLR last year. So, i don't know the history of 5DMkI. Do you consider the quality of this as good or close to the 5D Mk II? It has 12.8 MP so you know...with the pixel density, is there a difference in your eyes/experience compared to MkII? Off-course, i'm only concerned with stills. And i am also planning to go with a 5DMkIII when that comes out. Saw this deal and wondering if i should pass it up?

The Original 5D is a wonderful camera, and in my opinion, has better files than the Mark II at the low ISO's. The Mark II has better high ISO handling, more megapixels, micro adjust, and a much better LCD screen. And even though they have the same focusing system, my Mark II is better than my 5D classic at focusing, especially Servo focus, where the original 5D isn't very good. So if you want to shoot portraits and landscapes, or things that don't move too fast, the original 5D will work a treat. I'd say a fair price for a low shutter count 5D is around $900-1000.

-Kevin

Comment

It's a great camera... still one of the best ever for stills IMO. I shot with it for years before getting a Mark II and the quality you get from it is wonderful.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

@Pianoboy, so you would rather shoot stills with the 5DMkII then? I see upgrading for the video purposes.

@Sacksnack: I mainly will shoot things not fast. And i can get it in the price range you mentioned.
        Though, I'm now thinking about putting the money into a 100-400L.

Comment

I did upgrade for the video. The 5D is just as good as the Mark II at low ISOs, and when I shoot, I usually use strobes, so I'm not worried about low light performance, although I guess it is pretty handy sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X