Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here use cineform neo scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here use cineform neo scene?

I watched and interview posted on another thread where one of Shane Hurlbut's crew members were discussing the 5D and how to get the most out of the h264 and converting it to a better codec.

They said the use cineform, neo scene, so I downloaded a free trial but I really didn't see much difference so I wonder if there's someone here who has used it and what settings your using to import 5d clip ?

Anyone here use it or familiar with it?

Thanks

I use it alot. When you say you dont see a difference...as compared to what? Its designed to make the raw mov files more editable on your time line. I use remaster for FCP and I use neo scene transcode to avi for Sony Vegas Pro 9. It much more stable footage to edit.

Comment

You won't see a difference since it can't be better that the original. What it does is preserve all the quality of the original in a codec that is more robust and understood in the post workflows.

Michael
      www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Oh ok Michael, that makes sense. I was expecting some sort of boost or something, because when I bring in the clip I see it says [cf hd] or something like that and it says 4444 next to it. I also made prores versions and they said 442 next to it.

I do see some change but vey slight, when I take it into "color" I don't really see that much more flexibility so I figured I was importing the clips wrong or something.

It does look slightly better to the eye than the regular log and transfer though. Ok thanks for taking the time to respond, I'm on the fence about whether I should buy it or not. I'm trying to get the most out of this camera like the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
        X