frozen frames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frozen frames?

(I originally posted this in wrong spot- so I'll try again here)

Went ahead and picked up a 5D- image is wonderful- flashbacks of my first DVX-
    but what is the deal with the skip frame issue.
    I am getting a 3 frame freeze and frames are dropped in many of clips.
    I'm running full manual with most custom setting set to off.

You guys don't get this problem?

Card speed

I have some 15mbs - no good

45 mbs fine

Lens talking ?

Still dropping ?

Thats the difference between $2000 and 200,000 (f35)

Maybe smoothen/simplify (stabilise/reduce DOF) your shot and load the camera with less DATA therefore

Consider take your in and out frames and blur them together in photo shop by hand

S

S
    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

working with a 60MB/s Sandisk- should be fine- yes?
      What do mean by "lens talking?"

Are you seeing this?
      I seems to see very few complaints- I would think there would be much less interest in this camera if this is the norm

Comment

Sandisk CF cards have many problems with video recording. For photos they are excellent, but not for video. You should get ie. Kingston 133X and I'm pretty sure your problem goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
          Thats the difference between $2000 and 200,000 (f35)
          Nonsense !

The camera works fine, this guy is having an issue which needs to be resolved, that's all, once resolved there will be no dropped frames.

Maybe smoothen/simplify (stabilise/reduce DOF) your shot and load the camera with less DATA therefore
          You can also ignore this one !

Putting your camera on steadycam will not resolve the issue.

Consider take your in and out frames and blur them together in photo shop by hand
          I, personally, would find out what is causing the issue and sort that out - rather than live with the problem and manually paint in the missing frames !

Comment

Originally posted by Bokes View Post
            I seems to see very few complaints- I would think there would be much less interest in this camera if this is the norm
            Don't worry, the 5D . . . . . works.

It can record footage without duplicate frames, there is an issue with your camera or your set up . . . . once resolved all will be good, no need to fix in photoshop, buy a steadicam, a 200k camera or any other crazy suggestions . . . !!

Comment

Does the footage play back ok on the camera's LCD screen - or can you still see the freezes even here ?

Comment

Yes- I can see the frozen frames on the cameras LCD and in FCP.
                I am going to walk it back into B&H photo and get some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bokes View Post
                  Yes- I can see the frozen frames on the cameras LCD and in FCP.
                  This sounds like a lens problem, it's come up before, but I only really use manual lens so am not to knowledgeable about the whole thing as I have not experienced it (and have had the 5D from the very start / Nov 08), but it has been mentioned before on the forums.

Have you tired another lens.

Comment

Working...
                  X