Contax Zeiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contax Zeiss

Im noticing the Contax zeiss lenses with 50 years or 60 years written on them.
    Apparently rare and they are pricey.
    The thing is, they look completely brand new.

Any thoughts on them?

Also,
    There are some that Im finding that are f/1.2 and cost a couple grand.
    Havent heard anything of these.

Third, Im finding some lenses that are the same focal length, same speed, but vary by being MMJ vs MMG and price. Any difference in this?
    Last edited by DDirector; 11-05-2014, 10:37 PM.

The anniversary lenses are sort of geek/collector things. They were the fastest made and I think sat on a lot of shelves..... so they look new. Oh and yes they cost a lot!
    MMJ (Japan) and MMG (Germany) Buyers tend to want Zeiss glass from Germany over Japan, but with a company so concerned with quality control, I don't know if there is a difference is it is the exactly the same spec lens???

Comment

Originally posted by thekreative View Post
      The anniversary lenses are sort of geek/collector things. They were the fastest made and I think sat on a lot of shelves..... so they look new. Oh and yes they cost a lot!
      MMJ (Japan) and MMG (Germany) Buyers tend to want Zeiss glass from Germany over Japan, but with a company so concerned with quality control, I don't know if there is a difference is it is the exactly the same spec lens???
      Yeah, I heard that it should be the same whether its J or G.

As for the anniversary lenses, is it something that should be stayed away from?

Comment

It's a wonderful lens!

Comment

Originally posted by DDirector View Post
          As for the anniversary lenses, is it something that should be stayed away from?

If you've got the spare cash, shop away. I never use f1.4 except for the odd art shot so the money for an f1.2 could be spent on something more useful like lights and grip....... I'm usually at 4-5.6 and with the sensitivity of new cameras its always easy to stop down with a bit of lighting

Comment

As answered to your post on the red forum, so folks who might be interested knows, the 85mm f1.2 goes for around $4K, while the 55mm f1.2 goes for around $9K.

Comment

You won't find a better knowledge base on contax lenses than this:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...Survival-Guide

Comment

Working...
              X