The new Deity BP-TRX is a game changer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Deity BP-TRX is a game changer.

This new body pack Transmitter / Reorder / Receiver / Timecode Generator is a game changer.

Deity BP-TRX $250

Deity Connect Deluxe Kit (USA Model) (2x BP-TRX, 1x DUO-RX) $699

Looks good, but it would really be a game changer if it had 32 bit float and recording while transmitting. Not sure why these companies aren't walking over Zax's dubious patent. Maybe because they're smaller and afraid of litigation? Rode and Zoom don't seem to be afraid...

Comment

Yes, disappointing to be sure. Recall that this product was announced over a year ago. Perhaps 32 bit wasn't a thing two years ago when this product was in the planning stages. I expect it would have it if it were developed today. Non-32 bit will quickly become a non-starter for many.
      Awarded Best Clear Com Chatter, 2001, PBS Television

Comment

Game changer doesn't really have much meaning anymore IMO.

I used their connect system recently. It was a bit of a letdown as far as line of sight dropouts. I often couldn't even be on the opposite side of the transmitter because even the subject's body was too much, something I've rarely (or never) experienced with my sony system.

I know this is a different product but I'd be testing before purchasing if possible.
        robnortondp.com

Comment

One of my audio guys just ordered the deluxe set to try. He said, “I can afford a $750 mistake”. I mean, heck, that whole set is less than half the cost of one of our single Lectro transmitters. And B&H has a pretty generous return policy, if he really doesn’t like it.

He ordered it mainly because he’s looking for something small to throw on Alexa mini’s... It still amuses me that usually the more expensive the camera being used, the less they care about (quality) audio going into it.

Comment

Interesting...lets see some real world reviews now...

Comment

Originally posted by scorsesefan View Post
              Looks good, but it would really be a game changer if it had 32 bit float and recording while transmitting. Not sure why these companies aren't walking over Zax's dubious patent. Maybe because they're smaller and afraid of litigation? Rode and Zoom don't seem to be afraid...
              Its even though it doesn't out of box. That problem is rectified very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post
                It still amuses me that usually the more expensive the camera being used, the less they care about (quality) audio going into it.
                Because the big-budget productions still understand the traditional mentality that the camera captures images and the recorder captures sound. They're put together in post.
                Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

Comment

Originally posted by scorsesefan View Post
                  Looks like they have come to an agreement with Zaxcom on the patent:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/06/...imultaneously/
                  http://instagram.com/teddy_dem/
                  http://vimeo.com/luciddreamsfilms

Comment

Working...
                  X