where do you hold casting calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you hold casting calls?

my last job was cool and let me use their offices at night to cast, but my new job is a little less flexible. any suggestions on where to hold casting calls and rehearsals? thanks.
    http://kiyong.wordpress.com/

Try your local actors studio, community theatre, arts centre, community college, or even high school.

Comment

Where ever you want.

A school, a church. You name it.

Chris

Comment

You could try holding it outdoors and see how the actors perform in conditions they aren't used to ;).

On a more serious note, if you are doing a low budget, no pay or little pay production then hold it wherever. If you are planning on doing a much higher budget production then do it wherever. It really doesn't matter.

Comment

I think a local community or school theatre/auditorium would be cool, but I atually held one in a public park when I had no options; it went really well actually.

Comment

Anywhere. I held auditions at a bar once. Over 300 actors showed. Worked out fine. Good luck.

Comment

i use my office for casting, but when the weather is nice i hold rehearsals in a park nearby that has a small amphitheater.
              See my movie DOWN AND DANGEROUS on iTunes!
              YOUTUBE :: INSTAGRAM :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB

Comment

Libraries have small conference rooms... I use a college here in Atlanta mostly.

Comment

I've read and seen several acccoun ts where you can use rooms at your local library for free.
                  At most local libraries, there are small rooms used for private meetings or reading.
                  You dont need much I would think, and It's free to use. Bonus.

Jeff Patnaude

Comment

library for free? that's a great idea. thanks!
                    http://kiyong.wordpress.com/

Comment

Anywhere...I used a pub once...blagged the owner that they would all be buying drinks...had loads show but no-one bought a drink...hehe...they did have a massive backroom and I threw them a few quid...Find your local hall and work around their timetable.
                      J.P.

Comment

Working...
                      X