Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it the camera or the man behind the camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DVC30 has a pretty good fake-24p mode. It won't satisfy a DVX fan, but it'll make your average audience go, "wow, that's not what I'm used to seeing in a video camera. How'd you do that?"

Comment

Gs400

The GS400 is probably the ideal compromise for a new filmmaker. I used an old hi8 cam for 2 years while I was saving to get a good 1 chip cam for about a $1000. Then I bought a GS400 for about $1250 and what's funny is that people like my films just as much on average. You're right people comment on the story or the angles more than the exact cam I used. Don't wait like I did though if you're a kid and don't have a cam at all. Nowadays the cheap samsungs and canons are good enough to shoot a decent picture in the right person's hands.
      Riaz Virani
      AIM: Bravesboy786

Best line from a movie ever:
      "...."

Comment

I have a PV-GS400, and I'm more than happy with the results. Sure, it doesn't have integrated XLR or Phantom, but a Beachtek quickly resolved that.

By the way, it isn't the man behind the camera. It's the man in the camera. Get "inside" of the camera, and you can realize ANY cinematic dream.

Comment

Originally posted by lpcvideo1
          The DVC30 has a pretty good fake-24p mode. It won't satisfy a DVX fan, but it'll make your average audience go, "wow, that's not what I'm used to seeing in a video camera. How'd you do that?"
          Now, let's not get confusing.

What it has is a "frame" mode that's more accurately described as a "fake 30p," because it's 60i interpolated into 30p. It will not take on the motion characteristics of 24p.

It *is*, however, a pretty decent match of the DVX's 30p mode, though the color matrix is different.
          LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Ah, true. Sorry--thinking in general categories, speaking in specific.

Comment

Working...
            X