Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a wire system to hold actor, as if flying, or links to how movie stunts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a wire system to hold actor, as if flying, or links to how movie stunts ?

So I need to suspend my actor up, as if she were falling, in front of a green screen,

Does anyone know how, or any links to where I may be able to build such a suspension system that is safe? I only need her about 2 feet above ground, but upside down, I would'nt want her falling on her head.

Thanks.

Oops, sorry I should have posted this under stunts, I did not see that category until now.
    Last edited by Clint Nitkiewiz Hernandez; 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM.
    Clint Nitkiewicz Hernandez
    Like my feature on Facebook!!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-St...e/345728547289
    http://www.newelementfx.com/ - Visual Effects Reel
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3436857/ - IMDB Credits

Duct tape and string, that's good enough for MacGyver, it should be good enough for us all! ;)

Comment

Hm, I could see the use of some harnesses from rockclimbing, but unless I have someone with experience to plan this out for me, I would NEVER do this the DIY way...
      Doesn´t have to be a stuntman, but the least would be an experienced rockclimber (maybe your greenscreen setup is portable and you ask to shoot your scene after hours at a local indoor climbing space?)
      Anyway, good luck
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Comment

Or a really, really powerful fun might make her float a bit without a harness....
        I invented the "remove echo" audio filter. And only people that boom their actors closely get to use it.

Alex Donkle - Sound Designer -

Comment

I used to do rockclimbing for a bit, I thought it was a lot of fun, but I only did it in gyms, not in the real world, and the best wall I ever scaled was a 5.10, I think it was an easy 5.10 too, usually I had enough trouble with 5.9s, I think honestly 5.8s were more fun for me and kept things less stressful. I did it with a trainer of mine, we both wanted to see what it was like, so we'd just go rock climb for fun sometimes on days where we weren't working out. He used to be a championship bodybuilder and I had gotten pretty muscular too, so we both found it hard to learn to use our legs and our body movements to climb the darn walls, rather than just trying to cheat and pull ourselves up by our upper body strength (which isn't as strong as your leverage with your legs of course). I think the other real rockclimbers, the tall lanky ones, like 6'0" at least who were really scrawny but pretty flexible with amazing grip strengths, probably took one look at us and shook their heads like, "Ugg, n00bs." Haha, oh well it was fun.

Comment

Since you are in LA, just ask around.

For those that are outside the film community, you could check with Rock climbers or local theater people. Often they do wirework for things like Peter pan.

Comment

Working...
            X