SAG actors question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAG actors question

I read the post about the short film contract but still have a problem. one of my three actors recently joined sag (about a month ago) didn't know until now and I shoot in 9 days. That contract says it needed to be filled out and submitted a month in advance.

anybody know how I can remedy this? Are there alternate routes?

Originally posted by Sajc05 View Post
    I read the post about the short film contract but still have a problem. one of my three actors recently joined sag (about a month ago) didn't know until now and I shoot in 9 days. That contract says it needed to be filled out and submitted a month in advance.

anybody know how I can remedy this? Are there alternate routes?
    call your SAG rep.
    See my movie DOWN AND DANGEROUS on iTunes!
    YOUTUBE :: INSTAGRAM :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB

Comment

don't worry about that one month thing or 2 weeks thing, I filed one 2 days before shooting once, the SAG rep will take care of you.
      --
      Willis Chung
      Marketing Manager

DJI Technology, LLC
      Los Angeles, CA 90038
      www.dji.com

Comment

How do I contact a sag rep? Do you mean the actors rep is who I should be getting in contact with?

Comment

you file a SAG film signatory by contacting SAG theatrical contracts as a Producer. He/She will guide you through.

Here is their #: (323) 954-1600

You don't have to listen to their pre-recorded bs, just tap "0" and ask the operator to guide you to theatrical contracts.

Problem: SAG contracts with studios expires Monday, yes this coming Monday. It is more than likely SAG will go on strike, when that happens, SAG actors are [supposedly] not allowed to work, which is bs... but I'm sure your actors will not mind, it only "really" matters if it's a big budgetted feature film or tv show/movie.

That being said, actors can still sign up for "Financial Core" status, allowing SAG actors to work Non-Union jobs, it doesn't cost anything, they just lose their opportunity to "Vote" for SAG awards, and run for office (big deal -_-)

Let me know if you have anymore questions...
          --
          Willis Chung
          Marketing Manager

DJI Technology, LLC
          Los Angeles, CA 90038
          www.dji.com

Comment

thanks a lot for the info. And I'm sure I'll have more questions if this strike happens. I think my actor is just nervous about not doing anything he shouldn't be doing being a new member and all.

Comment

Working...
            X