Travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling

For a short film I'm working on soon, there's an actor I've seen in several shorts that i really think would be great for a role. However, I'm in West Lafayette, IN and they're in LA. Nearest large airport is an hour away.

I can cover the ticket and gas fine, but I was just curious how logistics would normally be handled from the airport to shooting locations. Myself driving to the airport vs paying for a rental car. What's the norm? Or are both valid options?
    I invented the "remove echo" audio filter. And only people that boom their actors closely get to use it.

Alex Donkle - Sound Designer -

Originally posted by Gohanto View Post
    For a short film I'm working on soon, there's an actor I've seen in several shorts that i really think would be great for a role. However, I'm in West Lafayette, IN and they're in LA. Nearest large airport is an hour away.

I can cover the ticket and gas fine, but I was just curious how logistics would normally be handled from the airport to shooting locations. Myself driving to the airport vs paying for a rental car. What's the norm? Or are both valid options?
    I think it's something you'd want to negotiate with him. The last actor we "were going to bring to L.A." to shoot wanted a rental car. We were prepared to provide him with one until we went in a different direction actor/story-wise.

Comment

For a short film? How many days shooting/pages? You should most definitely pick this person up if they're not staying at a hotel. If they are, then send a car/rental.

Comment

Working...
      X