Green Screen Product Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Screen Product Video

I have some experience with green screen but not so much with tracking. If I shoot a product video against a green screen on a turn table and capture slow rotating shots, dolling/tracking shots, do I need to be concerned with anything if my objective is simply to change the green to a solid color of choice?

no

as with all greenscreen fluffy hair and other complex adeges need attention

lighting the subject should have some heed to how the 'made up' background appearss to be lit.
    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
      no

as with all greenscreen fluffy hair and other complex adeges need attention

lighting the subject should have some heed to how the 'made up' background appearss to be lit.
      Actually there will be no talent, just a small product. I have shot green screen before but primary with a fixed stationed comp. This will require some movement, tracking/dolling. Since the objective is to use a solid background color of choice in post I should not have to worry about tracking markers, correct!!

Comment

I haven't watched it, but maybe check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4r9n4oDESw

Or other vids...there are bits and pieces of knowledge you can grab from YouTube...lighting tips, post tips, things to look out for, etc.

You definitely want to use a high-quality camera. Which one are you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken1212 View Post

Actually there will be no talent, just a small product. I have shot green screen before but primary with a fixed stationed comp. This will require some movement, tracking/dolling. Since the objective is to use a solid background color of choice in post I should not have to worry about tracking markers, correct!!
          a product can still be fluffy/complex flowers, bears, whatever.

tracking marks would/may have value for you to add a moving background (the thing that replaces the green - but you say you are having a solid colour) - im no expert

http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
            I haven't watched it, but maybe check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4r9n4oDESw

Or other vids...there are bits and pieces of knowledge you can grab from YouTube...lighting tips, post tips, things to look out for, etc.

You definitely want to use a high-quality camera. Which one are you thinking?
            Thanks for the video link. The main reason to shooting green screen is to have options with background color in post. I was thinking about using a full frame camera like the Canon R5C. This is a small budget video so I need to keep it simple, no after effects!

Comment

nice, it's more than capable for the job

Comment

I actually wrote this right after but didn't save it, but I was going to add that the only thing to make sure you're aware of is that focus flexibility. You are going to need more light than usual if you want a deeper depth of field with that sensor to get it down to that f/8, f/10+ window.

If you're using it for the shallow DOF then also keep in mind that depending on the size of the product not all of it may be in focus as you dolly/track.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
                  I actually wrote this right after but didn't save it, but I was going to add that the only thing to make sure you're aware of is that focus flexibility. You are going to need more light than usual if you want a deeper depth of field with that sensor to get it down to that f/8, f/10+ window.

If you're using it for the shallow DOF then also keep in mind that depending on the size of the product not all of it may be in focus as you dolly/track.
                  For the most part f8 is going to do the job and the AF on the Canon should be up to the task with the slider shots! I did shoot a product video a year ago or so and used lots of light with silk diffusers. That shoot was against a white backdrop but this one is with a green screen to be able to do few different background variants.

Comment

Working...
                  X