Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAINS! - Shaun Patrick and Stewbottum

BRAINS!

When two of the recently undead are trapped in a phone booth, they revert to their most primal and childlike urges.
    ____

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

LOL.

Good Job man. I got nothing else to say.

Comment

I enjoyed your short... it was good casting, acting, and fun to watch. I liked when the two buddies clicked the bat and golf club (tire iron? ...whatever that was) together.

The whole thing was good... but it was too short.

I especially liked the skinny guy's acting... but the two worked good together. I could have been entertained by their conversation for a lot longer. When this is all said and done I think we'll have maybe 10 flicks that I would call "tight". This is one of 'em.
      LIGHTING and SOUND AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR ON DVD

LIGHTING for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel.................................................. ............................. SOUND for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel

Comment

i really enjoyed it. one of my favorites honestly
        No sigs bigger than 569 Wide and X 70 High and I MEAN IT!!!!!

Comment

Out of the 10 or so that I've watched this is my favorite so far. I totally agree with the above poster that I could've listened to their conversation for a lot longer. Great job!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. We went through pre-production on two completely different zombie shorts (BRAINS! and a more traditional thriller) leading up to our shooting date in late August. Ultimately, we went with the shorter/funnier idea because we wanted to spend the 12 hour day getting it right instead of having to worry about the complicated dolly shots/focus pulling that the thriller short required. A cop out? Maybe, but we had a blast making BRAINS! and hopefully we can include some of the out-takes between the two heroes on the DVD because they are hilarious.

--

Comment

BRAINS! was very clever and worked well. My family, especially my two teen daughters, REALLY loved this film.

My only criticism would be that the framing of the two shot near the end of the two guys that trapped the zombies could have had a little less headroom and might have been better if slightly less "centered", but otherwise, this was a great little short. Good work!

Comment

The funniest by far I've watched. Good job.

Comment

Funny AND short. Great punchline! Definitely send this one out to festivals.

Comment

I loved this short. Having zombies call the cell phone... and the guy's pissed off reaction... hilarious! The two actors have a good chemistry.

Too short though... I could've watched alot more
                    2 x GH5's, 2 x GH4's
                    Tokina 11-16 DX, Panny 12-35, Sigma 18-35, Sigma 50-150 HSM
                    Pix-E5, Pix-E5H, 2 x MustHD 7", Benro Tripods, Ronin-M, Zhiyun Crane

Comment

Funny stuff man . Very enjoyable.
                      Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

-Matsuo Basho

Comment

I really liked the audio in this one. it didnt sound like it was done on the spot with no post like some of the others with the distracting crickets. I too liked the actors in this. They looked like they had done some stuff before. I liked it. Just add some more conversation and you got it
                        brian

Comment

Great short guys, really enjoyed it!

The acting really stood out from the other films I've watched so far; makes a big difference when the actors just carry the humour so easily.

Like the look of it and the shots worked well.

One of my faves so far!

Comment

Yep, this was the funniest of them all for me. Got an 8!
                            Twitter: jayscorsese

Comment

Again everyone, thank you for the feedback.

Hectorxd, thanks for the props on audio. After two production sound classes in graduate school, I think I finally have a good grasp on how to get good/workable sound on location. I hate having to fix bad sound in post.

Coffee, big shout out to New Jersey based DVXuser members. I'm based in beautiful/scenic Metuchen, NJ.

--

Comment

Working...
                              X