This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Zombiefest Bug Thread

If you find any bugs with the Zombiefest films, or links, or voting system--please list them here. PLEASE don't turn this into a discussion thread, because it makes it impossible for Jarred and I to monitor any problems. So ONLY post if you have a problem. Jarred and I will check out each problem posted here. Please give Jarred a bit of a break from PM's and emails. If we can keep things organized here, it'll make it easier for all of us. So if you have an outstanding problem as of now, please post it here. Thanks.

after download, before playing, "Shot in the dark" repeatedly gives the following error:

error -2010: the movie contains some invalid data.
    -

"What's the matter, Dave? All we want to do is kill ya." - Officer Curtis Mooney's corpse - Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_S
      Shot in the Dark and Devil's Handshake play fine for me with QT 7. Does everyone have the latest version of QT 7? If so, it's possible that the file has a small corruption it picked up during multiple server transfers. If these come up, I'll attempt to re-upload a confirmed working version. Beyond that you may need to troubleshoot on your end.
      Barry, my own film (Shot in the Dark) does not play for me either when I download it. It's not encoded for Quicktime 7, it should play equally as fine using QT6. I have an exact copy of it on my server and it plays fine so there's something up with your version.
      Films on Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/pinelakeflms/videos[/SIZE]
      ExposureRoom page: http://exposureroom.com/members/disjecta.aspx/videos/
      www.pinelakefilms.com

Comment

Its still the wrong file

Jared,

When I download Sport of Death it is still the wrong file. Im still getting Zombie Suicide.

Comment

You need to refresh your browser, it should now be a MOV instead of an WMV.

Comment

Project Zeal is the latest movie That I get the message ,
            "Quicktime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately it is not available on the Quicktime server"
            What does this mean? I'm running Windows 98 S.E. Yes I know it's old trying to decide to go Mac or not.
            Thanks for any help.

Comment

Windows 98? Ouch. I'd try downloading the current QT player and see if that fixes the problem because I haven't heard of anyone else with an issue. It worked for me (on a Win XP Pro box).

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
                trying to decide to go Mac or not. Thanks for any help.
                If you need any encouraging, let me know - I'm the resident Mac cheerleader.

Comment

I got a "error file not found" from star downloader on "Big Paws". I downloaded others with no problems.

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

Ok, Big Paws was withdrawn from Zombiefest at the request of the filmmaker.

Comment

Letzes is giving me the ""Quicktime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately it is not available on the Quicktime server" message. I've watched like 77 or 78 of the films....None of the others did it. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of QT.

Comment

I also keep getting that QT message. What exactly is this software that we are missing? Is it because my quicktime is on a macintosh and for some reason Mac QT doesn't have the software to play this stuff?

Comment

It seems this movie was compressed with Xvid. Don't have that codec installed (I don't) ==> no movie.

Comment

Working...
                          X