'Negative Image' - Darkline Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Negative Image' - Darkline Entertainment

50/50 whether this will get made, but here's hoping.

Prodcution things : 15 Sept.

Ok so the script is written, 1 location sourced, props bought, fx test done. Main location is the BIG problem, if I cant get it then the film is off, I'll find out on Sunday. It's really crucial to the film and without it I'll be getting into dump greenscreen and cg mock-ups which I just don't think will work. Unfortunately I cant film in the other location until the other filming is done. So I'll update Sunday evening with whether or not this film is going ahead.

BYE BYE.

19th Sept :

Quite good news. I got the main location and shot there today. what a relief. This short has been on hold until this day came. I didn't quite get the shots I wanted due to time, location restrictions, and going with available lighting 95% of shots. Had to go in with minimal kit - tripod, camera, lenses; it was just me crewing with the actor; but considering this was the most difficult one to pull off, Im just glad I got something. So essentially it has removed most of the uncertainty of this short. I'll maybe post some grabs soon. Good day overall and fun to be filming agian. yay.

24th Sept

Im off to watch 'Enter The Void' with an intro by dear Gaspar himself. This has nothing to do with my film, but is far more interesting........ EDIT : I've never seen an audience breathe such a sigh of relief when that film finished. At least 11 people walked out. Impressive.

27th Sept.

3 scenes shot, many many more to go. lol. Should speed up big time this weekend as the bulk of this is in one location. I had some help set-dressing the location for this Saturday's shoot, but filming is going sllloooooow as it's mostly a one man crew job. Everyone is super busy with normal work, but I'm ploughing on. I may have some help this weekend. :-)

3rd Oct

I shot this weekend and it was a pain. Lots went wrong. I had a scene in a garden/patio, it started raining half way through and we kept having to wipe rain off the glass between every take. The camera was falling off my cheap tracks and ruining the shot while getting wet. Couldnt even put a brolly over the camera as I was tilting while tracking. In the end it pissed down, so we went inside. As I cleared all the equipment away (to shoot reverse indoor shots) it stopped raining, so I got it all back out to shoot the other way again - then the sun came out to make it impossible to cut the shots I had got together. So Im gonna have to do a bit of CC to fudge it.

I did these shots where I had leaves flying past the patio doors (which I pushed record and then ran off to operate the blowervac off shot). Got it all done and when I watched them back the actor was holding something in his hand for some of the takes (close ups), but not in others. lol. Partly my fault too - I should have noticed. We were almost out of time so I shot the scenes again but without the blowing leaves to save time, as it was gonna chuck it down again; which is a shame cos they worked pretty well.

The patio is also a kitchen area and the house we had permission to film in contains a lodger. He turned up at lunch (could see the kitchen was full of equipment) and decided to plonk himself down in the middle of the table (our shot), and eat a pizza. LMAO. So even though we had a dry spell I had to go into the living room and wait for him to finish. He did, but then sat at the table for an extra 10 minutes drinking a cup of tea! Clearly he did not want to be dictated to by our filming schedule. Karma prevailed later because one of my lights tripped out a fuse and the building's electricity went out. He ran downstairs and said he was just installing a huge software package and it cut out on him. I apologised, smirking.

It rained in the evening so I couldn't get my moonlit externals. Im going back tonight on my own to get those. I guess that isn't a nightmare - that's just a normal shoot. But Im thinking of renaming my short to 'compromise' ;-) it'll look ok, just not what I had in my head!

Next weekend Im shooting in a much more controllable environment where we wont be disturbed. It 'should' go smoother.

07 oct

Im reshooting some of the scenes above tomorrow. Just too much running around on the day with no attention to detail; all disjointed. I'm going to redo it tomorrow.

On the plus side I had this whole effects sequence done as an animatic (which I was worried about getting done in time for fest completion), but I think less is more on this one and I'm axing most of the shots. So the pick-ups give me a chance to do the scene a little bit differently. Also, I have help tomorrow :-)

It's coming together slloooowly

10 Oct

Well, we're 98% shot :-). Spent friday doing a reshoot and new scene at a friends house. Sat/Sun in a dark damp basement for the bulk of the shoot. 14 hours on Saturday and 10 hours today. It was RANK down there. Everyone stinks now and Pete has a sore throat which he says is from the damp. Feel sorry for him as he had to wear the same clothes for continuity both days. I got back and put my stuff straight in the wash.

I'm glad we got the location, it looks quite nice, but the ceiling is low and full of nails. I bashed my head on metal girders a few times, and so did Pete and John. I think also part of the ceiling is asbestos, so we were trying to be careful as if you stand up straight you hit it.

I haven't seen a frame of footage yet and If we need to reshoot I think I would get knifed.... lol . Tomorrow will be interesting.

Still have some pick-ups next weekend, but I'm on the way now. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth the effort, but I'll know in a few days when I have an fx-less cut. I have to say Im actually quite worried, but also excited. night all.

11 Oct

Ok, Ive only looked at half what I shot but no way is this 6 mins. I have to get my chainsaw out.

21st oct - been a while since update so I'll keep it short. final version of this film sits comfortable at 10/11 mins, but Ive hacked it to 6 mins, chopped 3 scenes out and it has a bit less build up. To my surprise it seems to work OK. Just waiting on a few sections that need music and then I'm done. Could be right down to the wire again!

once it's uploaded I'll post some grabs.

I hope you like it.
    Last edited by Darkline; 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

reserved for BHS

Comment

reserved for SS

Comment

Welcome to the fest! Nice poster!

Some heavy hitters entering the ring here!
          DVXUSER TimeFest!

Comment

Can't wait..... always been a fan...
            Cinematographer
            Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

Comment

Another fan here too. Here's hoping it gets made!

Comment

Fantastic poster!
                v

Comment

Cool, another Darkline flick! Looking forward to it!

I'm on Facebook.
                  vimeo.com/purplemacaroni

Comment

your last one still haunts my dreams,...
                    Cinematographer
                    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

Comment

Ohhhh can't wait to see this!
                      Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Comment

Haha. Cheers guys. The encouragement is welcome , just hope I dont make a dud now.

Timur! Nice to see you guy. Glad you liked the last one. Sure you don't want to fly here to light mine for me? ;-)

There will be more popcorn thrown into the mix this time. I gotta make something, as I already spent £180 getting used photography equipment from ebay. Doing some fx tests that look ok so far, but need more work. Script is over 6 mins at the mo so it may well be out of competition.

small steps amid boring day to day work.

In the meantime check out this Dorito's competition ad we did a few months back if you have a spare 30 seconds. The winning prize was £100,000 - I won a £5 off voucher at play.com

Wooo hooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJ9k4g56vc

Comment

Oh great, guess I have 2nd place to look forward to again...

Haha!

Can't wait to see what you got!
                          Mike Manning
                          www.beginningmiddleend.com

Comment

Your poster is pro-quality. Looking forward to your film!

Comment

Super cool poster! Good luck, darky!
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
                              Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

Comment

Working...
                              X