"Creature Quest" - Something different by Kurt Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    I had a really fun time watching this one. There were some pretty amusing bits here and there. Great spoof all around. I think I would have liked to have seen the Lake Ape a little more here and there but that's about it.

Fun little movie.

MAH
    MAH - I'm glad you enjoyed CQ! As for the Lake Ape shots, I wanted those to show up only at the end. That way the question "will you find it or is it a hoax" remains until the very end. Beyond that, I only rented one Lake Ape for one day. Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by ZazaCast View Post
    This was really funny stuff....I'm still laughing as I type! The interrogation scene was BRILLANT! LMAO. (again, I laugh just thinking about it) I totally 'get' this one and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the laughs! I look forward to your next film.

Cheers!
    Wow! Wonderful praise from an esteemed film-maker. Thank you, Zaza!
    sigpic Watch Abducted

Comment

Originally posted by kurtmo View Post
      Wow! Wonderful praise from an esteemed film-maker. Thank you, Zaza!
      Ha... yeah... esteemed.... that's the word!

sigpic

www.zazacast.com

Comment

Funny stuff! The guy with the poop was kind of annoying... it was a little in my face... and didn't come off as funny as it could have IMO

Great effort though, very creative!
        Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Comment

Original concept, very well put together, highly entertaining. Great work.

Comment

Entertaining piece and interesting concept. Good production value as well. Got some laughs from me. Nice job!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey .... Great Documentary Emulation .... and it was too funny .... the quest was a bit off ... but great comedy ... Keep it up ...
              sigpic

Comment

Love the announcer voice!

Really pretty footage too - nice soft light on the interviews. Love the whiskey in the jar.

Wasn't sure if I bought Chuck Biggs character - felt like he was too used car salesman.

Love the variety of characters. What a great way to tell a story where you cant show the "lead".

Score was great - very comical but not too in the way.

Great ending - so glad you didnt let them succeed, but we did get a glimpse of the creature.

Nice work! Really enjoyed this - totally felt like some of those discovery/pbs shows.
                Jeff Anderson
                www.lichtuberstromt.com

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

I'm glad you used the phrase "used cars salesman" to describe Chuck Biggs 'cause that's how I wrote the part and how I described the part to my actor. The green ring, the sports coat over the loud shirt. For good or bad he hit the role.

Thanks so much for watching and for the feedback!

kurtmo

Originally posted by Jeff Anderson View Post
                  Love the announcer voice!

Really pretty footage too - nice soft light on the interviews. Love the whiskey in the jar.

Wasn't sure if I bought Chuck Biggs character - felt like he was too used car salesman.

Love the variety of characters. What a great way to tell a story where you cant show the "lead".

Score was great - very comical but not too in the way.

Great ending - so glad you didnt let them succeed, but we did get a glimpse of the creature.

Nice work! Really enjoyed this - totally felt like some of those discovery/pbs shows.
                  sigpic Watch Abducted

Comment

Bo Ditch and Poop Guy were effing hilarious! This one had me dying throughout. The fact that dude was walking around the woods with a suit jacket on was great. I enjoyed this one. The glasses guy was the only one I didn't like. other than that it was just a funny film. Good job on this one.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
                    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
                    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

Comment

Way Funny

I too enjoyed the used-car salesman and the poop-ologist. The nearly-toothless eyewitness was also funny, but not quite as polished. The glasses guy was over-the-top funny (especially if you know him). The whole cast was well chosen.

Overall: I've watched many of the questfest submissions and I can whole-heartedly give "CreatureQuest" a two-thumbs-up recommendation.

That's one awesome video camera you've got there Kurtmo.

Glen (a.k.a. "Bo Ditch")

Comment

Well I thought I'd make an update to Creature Quest's status as it got some recent attention.

After Creature Quest finished 9th in the fest and thereby narrowly missed the big screen cutoff I was pretty happy for my best placing, but bummed to be missing out on the fun at the same time.

I put CreatureQuest up on youtube a while back and have had moderate traffic. But in early October I got contacted by Sony Creative SW. One of their project managers had found it on youtube and really enjoyed it. He was interested because it was edited with Sony Vegas Pro and he asked if they could link to it from their Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube accounts. The link made it up on their facebook acct. on Oct. 6th.

So even though there were no free t-shirts in the offer, it was still pretty cool!
                        sigpic Watch Abducted

Comment

VERY cool! Congrats!!!!

sigpic

www.zazacast.com

Comment

Really funny... nice job Kurt!
                            arsenal: HaloRig HD & Mini - 4k Cameras - Panasonic - Arri - Comer - Canon - Sony - Sigma - Rokinon - Rode - Tascam - GoPro

Shaky Footage? Check out this affordable Camera Stabilizer, use coupon code "DVXUSER" to get 10% OFF any purchase today!

DVXuser Sponsor:
                            WE ACCEPT BITCOIN!

Comment

Loved this! So did the fam!

Comment

Working...
                              X