Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Makeup Effects Artist! (with FX Artist Benjamin Ploughman)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask a Makeup Effects Artist! (with FX Artist Benjamin Ploughman)

Okay, HorrorFest filmmakers! Here's your chance to ask a professional makeup effects artist a question about creatures, gore, blood, and whatever grossness you need for your HorrorFest entry!

Maybe you're looking for some help with creature makeup. Or maybe you're trying to create a stab wound that will "sell" on film. Or maybe you need to know how to make realistic-looking entrails that your zombies can actually eat. Whatever it is, post your question here, and our friend and makeup effects artist Benjamin Ploughman will answer it as quickly as he can. (Just remember, he's got a life and work, so be patient.)

I've had the good fortune to work with Austin-based effects wizard Ben on a couple of zombie-themed projects, and he's a very talented guy, and a great guy to work with.

Here are a couple of links to his IMDB page, and his blog, where you can see more of his work…
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3442490/
    http://benploughman.blogspot.com/

So…ask away. And best of luck with all of your HorrorFest entries!
    Stephen Mick
    Owner/Creative Director
    Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com

Thanks for the kind words, Stephen! I'm very excited to be a resource here. I hope I can share some tricks I've learned over the past few years with you folks that are looking to break in to the world of special effects makeup.

Comment

Question for the guest: Chris Curl, a great zombie? or THE GREATEST zombie?

Last edited by chriscurl; 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM.
      Chris Curl
      chriscurl.com

vimeo.com/chriscurl

Comment

Thanks for doing this Stephen. Can't think of anything specific right now, but I'm sure I will need some tips at some point in the next few months.

Comment

Working...
        X