No announcement yet.

120p, DPX-workflow - tried everything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C500: 120p, DPX-workflow - tried everything!

Hi,

I'm new to the forum as a member, but have been using it dozens of times when looking for answers.

I recently used the C500/CodexS-combo for a music video I shot. I'm a practical filmstudent by day, but often take work related to cinematography and editing outside school. Point is: I'm by no means an expert, but I'm usually able to come up with a solution for most film-related problems, often with the help from forums like this one.

I have one problem that I can not for the life of me figure out. On day 1 of shooting I filmed most scenes in 60p, but also some in 120p. The 60p footage I can "easily" open as image sequence, edit and export in Premiere Pro. However, I cannot find any solution to open or view the 120p footage.

Both frame rates record individual DPX-files for every frame - difference is, the 120p footage is 10-bit, 4:2:2 YCC, whereas 60p is 12-bit, 4:4:4 RGB. As far as I'm concerned, the problem lies in the YCC-space, which is rarely supported in NLE-suites, especially those available for consumers.

I have tried the following:
    - All ways of importing in Premiere Pro & After Effects (nothing)
    - Import in FCP7 (nothing)
    - Resolve Lite (again; works with 60p, but crashes when detecting 120p)
    - Aunsoft video converter & Aunsoft TransMXF (not recognizing media)
    - Canon RAW Development (this is apparently ONLY for CanonRAW)
    - AVID MC trial version (nothing)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can work with these files?

Specs: 2012 rMBP (2,7GHz, 16GB) and Maverick OS.

Are these DPX in full 4096x2160 or in half 4096x1080 dimension?
    YCC422 50p/60p is supported in Avid DS or other sw, the question is, if you can import 120fps as 60fps (twice longer).

Send me several DPX (we transfer, Pavelscan@seznam.cz) and I will try this on AvidDS next week.

Comment

Working...
    X