Will this do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this do?

Hey guys. I am looking into buying a hv40 but i'm not sure if my computer can handle the workload. If not I may opt for getting a used dvx instead seeing as I can treally afford a new computer. I'll more than likely be editing it in vegas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:

Intel Core duo cpu T6400 2.0ghz 2.0ghz

4gb rm

I think you can shoot HDV on the HV40, and then capture the video as DV in Vegas. I've done this with Adobe Premiere Pro and my HV20. So, if your computer can't handle HDV, but can handle DV, then that might be easier for you. Also, if you do get a new computer sometime that can handle HDV, you could still have that tape with the HDV on it yet, and edit it again but in HDV.

Comment

I would pick a DVX100 over a HV40 any day.

One is a consumer handycam; the other is a mid-range professional unit. Enough said.

- Mikko
      Mikko Wilson
      Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
      +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

Ha i have only just seen that,what a laugh,consumer yes but a million times better.

Comment

My two cents

This may be an old thread, but I just happened upon it and thought I would through in my two cents. I've shot with the DVX110b, and the HV30 for two years and both are great cameras, if you know how ti use them. I teach Video Arts in high school and the HV30 was within our budget to buy three of them for students to use. To prove a point to them, I shot a 42min. short with it and a 35mm adapter. I shot it in HDV24p and edited on a machine similar to what you are talking about. All in Vegas 9, minus some FX in After Effects. You can check out the film here www.zombies2movie.com. So if you are penny pinching and don't mind learning to work with some limitations, the HV40 is a great little camera.

For what it is worth...if you are still reading this thread.

-Neal
          Neal Barlow
          A DV REBEL
          www.totheskiesproductions.com www.zombies2movie.com

- Panasonic GH2 - Flowmotion 2.0, GH3, Metabones Speedboaster -Nikon, Canon XA10, Sony Vegas 13, CC 2014, Flying by the seat of my pants

Comment

Working...
          X