horizontal lines on my 24f hv40 footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horizontal lines on my 24f hv40 footage

I shot 23 hours of 24f cinema mode hv40 footage during a pilgrimage through northern Spain and it all seems to have thick horizontal lines that define the picture in lighter and darker areas, one line being darker and the one below it and above it being lighter. I've seen the banding that is due to interlaced fooage not being de-interlaced and this quite different. I used a lot of auto exposure because I was hiking while shooting and assumed the subtle banding I saw on the viewfinder of the camera in dark shots or dark areas of shots was due to the automatic gain from the cam. engaging. Now that I've started to download -hdv to prores 422 standard with a 2398 sequence that matches the 2398 capture preset- it's realy everywhere except in areas that are blwon out or very bright. It's subtle except in the dark. Am I screwed?

I can't remember.....but is the 24f on the HV series actually recorded in 60i? Try a sample injest with those settings. Also you may need to swap the fields when you injest. I hope this makes some type of sense. Its been a looooong time since the last time i used one of the HV's.
    Seth Hampton

Comment

Can you post a screen grab? Could be dirty heads, could be banding from the high gain.

Comment

Working...
      X