Little Photographer. An HV30 + Kowa 2x anamorphic clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Photographer. An HV30 + Kowa 2x anamorphic clip

My four years old asked me to shoot some pictures with my Olympus C-5050.
    I have tried to capture his first attempts in photography with the canon hv30 and a Kowa for Bell & Howell 2x anamorphic lens.
    This was slightly cropped to cut out vignetting and to give an almost 3:1 epic cinerama aspect ratio
    Shot in 50i conformed to 25p.
    Slight color grading with magic bullet looks.

Comments and advice are welcome as always.
    Thanks for watching.
    http://vimeo.com/13559008
    K.
    www.artecinematica.com
    my vimeo

Awesome look! Love the flares when you point the camera towards the sun.

It's nice that your son is getting into photography so early.

Now... Would it be possible to attach this lens to a GH1 somehow?

Pietro Impagliazzo
    flickr.com/photos/impagliazzo

Comment

One thing to notice is that it flares more beautifully than the anamorphic Panasonic adapter.

Pietro Impagliazzo
      flickr.com/photos/impagliazzo

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
        Awesome look! Love the flares when you point the camera towards the sun.

It's nice that your son is getting into photography so early.

Now... Would it be possible to attach this lens to a GH1 somehow?
        I apologize for the notable delay, but I have somehow just discovered your posts here.
        So if you still have the question, the answer is yes, it can be attached to a gh1, gh2 on top of a taking lens of about 50mm focal length. To do so, you have to use an anamorphic clamp that transforms the odd back thread of these lenses to a standard 52mm one. From there, you have to use according step up/down rings to the filter thread of your lens.
        K.
        www.artecinematica.com
        my vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
          One thing to notice is that it flares more beautifully than the anamorphic Panasonic adapter.
          This lens has orange flares due to it's orange coating. I no longer have this particular Kowa for Bell & Howell, but I have a Kowa Prominar 8z (or 16-H) which is the cousin (or brother) of this lens. The two lenses are identical optically and mechanically, but strangely enough the 8z has blue coating, hence it delivers blue flares (like the Panasonic). A question of taste I guess!
          In any case a fine sharp lens.
          At that time was my only anamorphic, but I currently own not less than 8 of them. I guess I have the anamorphic bug :-)
          K.
          www.artecinematica.com
          my vimeo

Comment

Working...
          X