A1 Blue Screen Short Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1 Blue Screen Short Film

I am a student studying Digital Media Arts in Buffalo, NY. Never really get a chance to post my own work up on here, but, thought this was a good project to promote.

In a special effects class, we were required to shoot a project on our blue screen. That was pretty much the brief, so, I got to have some fun with it.

Shot this on the A1, which keyed very nicely. Graphics created in Photoshop/After Effects.

Please check it out and let me know what you think! I've enjoyed watching other's projects on this forum, so, I hope you will also enjoy mine!

http://vimeo.com/2177286

Very clean key.

Comment

The A1 keys out nicely in HD. Great job. I especially like your opening shots and the light flares/disruptions. I like the way your subject was lit from behind as if the stars/planets were emitting light onto her.

The shots with the guy in it were a little flat, comparatively speaking. Overall, a nice effort and I'm sure you all had fun putting it together.

Comment

Thank you both very much for your comments.

Deepfocus88, I think I may revisit some of this now that I don't have the deadline looming over me (it was already handed in for a grade), so, I may try to work on some of the shots of the guy, but, I did have a ton of fun putting this together, and can't wait for the next project!

Comment

After watching yours, I want to do something fun with a sci-fi twist to it. Sky is the limit with compositing/green screen.

Comment

that was great! (keying wise) and graphics. Do you have any raw stills of the screen footage?

Was this done using keylight?
            sigpic
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
            Actor
            Musician
            Filmmaker

Comment

yes, i keyed with keylight. that is the best plug-in i've found for keying!

Comment

Originally posted by PaPa View Post
                that was great! (keying wise) and graphics. Do you have any raw stills of the screen footage?

Was this done using keylight?
                Here are a couple of stills of the raw footage, before CC. These are just a few quick grabs, so, they may not be the best. but, notice in the first one, the backlight doesn't hit her much on her right side. This presented it's problems when I tried to key it. That was the first thing I shot, about a week before I got the actors in to do the rest of the scenes. So, I tried to create a stronger rim around the actors later in the shoot to help combat the spill.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X