Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon XF705 Professional Camcorder

canon-xf705-professional-camcorder.jpg
    <<Canon will soon announced a new professional camcorder at IBC 2018 later this week. This new camcorder will be named Canon XF705, first leaked image of this camera is already available online, see above. According to rumors, Canon XF705 will shoot 4K at 60 in 4:2:2: 10bit. Interestingly, the camera will also add a third control ring to control the IRIS. The lens will be a 15x zoom L series lens, which would be a shorter zoom range than the XF305’s current 18x zoom>>.

source : https://www.canonrumors.co/canon-xf7...nnounced-soon/
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

sigpic

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon XF605, HPX170
    ---------
    Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

also add a third control ring to control the IRIS.

True innovation.

(but actually nice to see a basic ommission not made)
    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

With 'ultrawide' '25.5mm'

(funny I call 24 'normal wide' and 18-20 ultra wide)

120p, and 10bit log this basically hits my marks for a grab and go camera on initial impressions.

Comment

Not so sure about the 15x f2.8 to f4.5 on the lens though. Also I see it is H.265 MXF. Not their existing XF-AVC H.264 codec. Another new codec to get our heads around. All on a 1" sensor? I guess some C200 owners are going to be wondering why this gets internal 422 10-bit 50/60p and their C200's didn't. I sometimes find it hard to fathom Canon's philosophy?

Chris Young

Comment

Lens wise starting wide is the critical bit.. and that tends to lead to less Xs of zoom.

I feel a RnG camera needs to be able to 'show a location' and film a driver while you are on the passenger seat.

As (to me) a handheld camcorder, I cant be stable above about 200mm anyway and there is digital zoom and cropping in post.

but if a lens is not wide. it is not wide.

15x'25mm' is way better than 18X'28mm'

S
          Last edited by morgan_moore; 09-12-2018, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
            Lens wise starting wide is the critical bit.. and that tends to lead to less Xs of zoom.

I feel a RnG camera needs to be able to 'show a location' and film a driver while you are on the passenger seat.

As (to me) a handheld camcorder, I cant be stable above about 200mm anyway and there is digital zoom and cropping in post.

but if a lens is not wide. it is not wide.

15x'25mm' is way better than 18X'28mm'

S
            Totally agree!
            Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

Comment

I wonder if this might signal an upgrade to the Panasonic PX270? Could be an interesting month!

As for Canon, I am so over their approach of selective limiting. Yes, it is a shocker that they are giving 4k 60p at 10bit 4:2:2. Makes me want to look for what they crippled in return. The C200 non-RAW codec is a head scratcher for me. I guess professional level is down to the exact industry use now? Video people get 10bit 4:2:2 at the XF700 price point but cinema people have to spend over $10,000 to get it? But it has RAW... The XF700 will probably be a nice camera though.
              Last edited by Bassman2003; 09-12-2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Now THIS is more like what I'm looking for in a camera! 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to dual SD cards with DPAF touch screen face tracking in a much more professional camera body than the XF400. On paper it checks all the right boxes. Now let's see what the reviews say, and see some footage!
                Jaime Vallés
                AJV Media
                Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

I see this camera as a direct competitor to the Sony PXW-Z280. B&H lists the price of the XF705 at $6999USD and the Sony Z280 at $6950USD.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...camcorder.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._1_2_type.html

Looking forward to seeing an image quality comparison between the two cameras.

Comment

Canon XF705 4K 4:2:2 10 Bit Professional Camcorder 3041C002

ETA is Dec 2018

Batteries are the BP-A30 & BP-A60 batteries used with the C200, C200B and C300 Mark II Cameras.

We have a Waitlist at the link below.

CANON XF705 4K 60P 4:2:2 10-BIT PROFESSIONAL CAMCORDER 3041C002 $6999

XF705 Features:

· 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS Image Sensor
                    · 15x Optical 4K UHD Zoom Lens with Optical Image Stabilization
                    · Dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors
                    · 4K UHD 59.94P 4:2:2: 10-bit HDR Recording
                    · Dual Pixel CMOS AF
                    · HLG/PQ Shooting Assist
                    · Canon Log 3

Product Includes:

XF705, Lens hood with barrier, Battery Pack BP-A30, Compact Power Adapter CA-946, Battery Charger CG-A20, Microphone Holder Unit/Handle Unit, Wireless Controller WL-D89, Eye Cup, CVF CAP

Terry Nixon
                    terry@tmsav.com
                    Texas Media Systems
                    Phone 1-512-440-1400 Ext 203
                    Twitter Facebook Instagram Linkedin

sigpic

Comment

looks great on many levels.

my "only" wait and see issue will be for the much smaller 1" chip to offer the ability to suck in light as it's m4/3, aps and full frame breathren.

thumbs up.

rob
                      smalltalk productions/nyc
                      the story is never black & white
                      it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

Comment

I guess people continue to buy these cameras because they keep making them (and asking crazy money).

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
                          I guess people continue to buy these cameras because they keep making them (and asking crazy money).
                          That's isn't "crazy money" for the features it provides.
                          Matt Gottshalk
                          Director of Production
                          BPI.tv

Comment

If you're stuck in the 90s it's not.

Comment

This is a big feature set for Canon. Pretty much everything one would want in this style camera. I think $7,000 will be a tough sell though. I would like to know if 120p has audio and unlimited time recording. In an event situation, I would love the ability to shoot in 120p at 1/60th shutter with audio. This would allow you slow motion capability throughout all of your footage while letting you shoot normally. I bet it does not do this but they just do not get it that you do not have the ability to choose what is going to be slomo during a sporting event.

6 lbs is a bit heavy as well for long term hand holding. Would rather see this at 5 or below.

Hope Panasonic shows up with the PX270 upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X