Wide angle lens adaper for XC10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide angle lens adaper for XC10?

Anyone used or recommend a wide angle lens for an XC10?

Hi Angelis - I've been wondering the same for a while, and finally picked up a Raynox HD6600-PRO .66x adapter (with 58mm thread). So far it's working ok, with some workarounds. 1) It doesn't screw on very tightly, or at least I don't want to push it, for fear of cracking the XC10 front element. I made the mistake of leaving a UV filter on at first, and while screwing on the adapter it cracked the filter. Oops. The upshot is the I removed the broken glass and now the filter is a spacer that makes the adapter easier to screw on. 2) There's slight vignetting (probably because of the spacer), so I have to zoom in a couple mm. And 3) There's massive lens flaring in sunny outdoor conditions, and not in a good way. None of my lens hoods were wide enough to not appear in the frame, so I ended up using gaff tape to attach one to back of the adapter, so now it stays on and removes flares about half the time. Still not great though.

However, with all that said, I think it's worth it for gimbal use, since the XC10 is just slightly too tight. I'll be doing more tests soon to see how it functions on a gimbal with the adapter.

Cheers,
    Slavik
    Can't figure out what your client wants? Try sending them this video production services infographic.

Comment

I only used wide angle lens, when I take nature photos. I am not used to applying it in filming, since I think some part of video can't be film perfectly with wide angle lens.

Comment

The actual field of view on the wide end of the XC10 is 27.3mm in video recording instead of 24mm (EQ). I wouldn't say it is a deal-breaker, but definitely something that should be taken into consideration.

Comment

Working...
        X