Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there still a "Mark All Posts As Read" button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there still a "Mark All Posts As Read" button?

I may have missed it, but is there still a button that lets us mark all posts on dvxuser as read so when we return we'll only see new posts?

Related: Does clicking on "NEW TOPICS" bring up all new posts or just some (ie- those in new topics)? If it brings up all new posts, can the wording be changed to something like "new posts"?

Thanks!

PS- Sorry if this has already been covered. I looked, but perhaps didn't look long enough...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

It's changed. The system only works similarly to the way it did before when you're logged out and use "Today's Posts". Once you visit the newest post the green from the thread note disappears and the thread stays in its place and doesn't get bumped until there is a new response you didn't see.

"New Topics" is random and doesn't even update in real time with all of the site's activity like "Today's Posts" does.

But then you'd have to be logged out to keep accurate track so I use two browsers.

Comment

New Topics is for logged in/registered users. Shows all threads with new posts since you last were logged in. Today's Posts are for non-logged in users. That shows all posts for the day since non-logged in users have no "since last logged in" record, of course.

I think New Topics is a bit of a misnomer so changed title to New Posts.

Comment

P.S. New Posts is broken when you're logged out.

Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again.

Today's Posts now next to it still works.

Comment

Is it possible to get a "Mark All Channels/Posts Read" link at the top of the page?

Comment

Originally posted by dpc View Post
            Is it possible to get a "Mark All Channels/Posts Read" link at the top of the page?
            Ya, that would be great.
            ----------
            Jim Feeley
            POV Media

Comment

Yes please. Every time I log in and go to New Posts I see tons of threads with only old posts. If there is a thread I have not opened it is ecause I was not interested in that thread. When I log out it would be nice for these threads to automatically be marked as read (as the old forum did) so that when I logged back in I would not see those threads listed under New Posts unless in the interim another comment had been made on that thread. Short of this, a Mark All Threads Read button would be a perfectly acceptable solution that I could tap on before logging out each session.
              Mitch Gross
              Aputure Lighting
              NYC

Comment

A solution! In another thread someone pointed out that there is a MARK CHANNELS READ button available. Go to Forums and then scroll to the bottom. Click on this and EVERYTHING is now marked as read. You can also do this within selected areas such as Sony Cameras.

Brent, may I suggest that this very important button be moved to the top menu bar where it used to be? Vastly more convenient that way.
                Mitch Gross
                Aputure Lighting
                NYC

Comment

Working...
                X