No announcement yet.

NAB 2024 - Rumors and Wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see a Panasonic CX450 video camera announced. An overall improvement to the popular CX350. Better sensor quality/DR etc..., better audio preamps etc... Overall, a more broadcast focused variant which is higher end. I still prefer my PX270 cameras to the CX350 a lot of the time but they are over ten years old now. I have no idea if Panasonic is still considering new cameras for the video space but they did release a 1" chip prosumer model last year. I just want a more pro model of the CX350.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman2003 View Post
      I would like to see a Panasonic CX450 video camera announced. An overall improvement to the popular CX350. Better sensor quality/DR etc..., better audio preamps etc... Overall, a more broadcast focused variant which is higher end. I still prefer my PX270 cameras to the CX350 a lot of the time but they are over ten years old now. I have no idea if Panasonic is still considering new cameras for the video space but they did release a 1" chip prosumer model last year. I just want a more pro model of the CX350.
      I've been wondering this too as while we have 10-bit video being put on all these mirrorless cameras, what we need is more easy to use 10-bit camcorders and pro video cameras. As it is, the old Sony AX100, 53, and 33 are still seemingly the top picks for 4K camcorders, the AX700 being a nice upgrade but essentially the same as the AX100 with some added features. My brother recently picked up an AX53 and it has just as nice 4K video as my AX100 but without the manual controls and he did so because he liked the gimbal stabilization aspect of it for what he wanted to do, which I can't fault him on. Still, I wondered why there hasn't been a 10-bit refresh of these models at the least and manual controls being unlocked at this point for a gimbal model in the line. While we can say that S35 and FF cameras are dominating the industry all we want, these video cameras are still selling and a refresh would be very helpful for those that need them. It certainly would be nice for Youtubers and streamers that resort to their phones and could use a bump in quality.
      "Babs Do or Babs Do not, there is no try." - Zack Birlew
      Production Company - www.BabsDoProductions.com
      Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babs-D...11985705544940
      Pond5 Artist Page - https://www.pond5.com/artist/BabsDoProd

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman2003 View Post
        I'd take a CX450 for sure, but what I really want is a AF200 or DVX300. It's been a torutred road, but I've tried to make my peace with hybrids (GH series) cameras. I'd drop them in a heartbeat if a proper M43 camera ( camcorder or ILC- no boxes ) was released. In spite of the increased IQ of mirrorless/ hybrids, they are such a step backwards in so many ways.

Does my wishlist stand any chance of coming true? Of course not.

Comment

Looks like Blackmagic is going to continue their trend of revealing stuff right before the show starts.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hope springs eternal for new video cameras from Sony or Panny, but I am expecting to be disappointed.

Comment

I would very much like a successor to the Sigma fp/L that is Foveon based and global shutter.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
              AVID Symphony
              editing/grading
              - ADOBE suite
              For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
              I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

Comment

All I want is the perfect camera. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

750fps
                  http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

I’m all set for cameras for a while. But bring on the accoutrement…

So far, I excited for the new shoulder pad & baseplate system for the Alexa 35, the new Fuji Duvo lenses, the new Canon broadcast ENG lens, and some of the lighting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                      750fps
                      I'll second that. Full Frame 4K @ 720 fps with a 10 second picture cache.
                      Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
                      HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
                      http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Blackmagic Design announced a new line of cameras, the “Cine” line, the URSA 12K Cine FF with EF/PL mount for about $15,000 or so depending on kit options up to $16,500, and the big surprise is the new 17K 65mm URSA Cine coming out later this year for unsaid price level with Hasselblad/LPL mounts. They also announced the Pyxis 6K box cameras which come in L/PL/EF lens mount models and they use the same sensor as the Pocket 6K FF Cinema Camera. I told people not to sleep on Medium Format and, unless someone else surprises at NAB this year, we’re now going to have a true next gen cinema option with a real standard Medium Format sensor for what is hinted at being a relatively affordable price.
                        "Babs Do or Babs Do not, there is no try." - Zack Birlew
                        Production Company - www.BabsDoProductions.com
                        Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babs-D...11985705544940
                        Pond5 Artist Page - https://www.pond5.com/artist/BabsDoProd

Comment

I was honestly looking at a RED Komodo X package as my next camera but am not enticed by the URSA Cine. I think you get a lot more value for your money. BM seems to be doing what RED talked about doing years ago.

The Pyxis looks like a great B-cam as well. I wonder if the folks at Nexus Camera just crapped their pants with the Pyxis reveal.

Comment

I wish Metabones would release medium format focal reducers, right now Kipon is the only option.

Comment

Blackmagic has finally blown me away. The Pyxis is exactly (at least mostly) what people have been asking for. But they didn't just stop there. Wow!!

Comment

Gorgeous (both new ones are), but here's the little, cheaper one, PYXIS:

BM.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X