Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahalpert
    replied
    International companies also probably aren't keen for their employees to travel to the covid capital of the world. Agree or disagree, that seems to be how the international community views us. Whereas if you live here and you're going to a local event, you were already exposed to the local covid level

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
    You know me.
    It all makes sense now. lol

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    You know me. But I think that regularly attending games is a higher degree of fandom than watching on TV.

Weddings are smaller crowds by orders of magnitude. Some require all guests be masked. Some force all attendees to take rapid tests. Many require proof of vaccination. And there's theoretically only one per person, not dozens per year. And many weddings have postponed due to delta, some for the 2nd year in a row now

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    I don't really know how to answer that because I don't know anyone who doesn't watch at least one sport.

But in general I don't see it any riskier than going to a wedding.

You can catch the virus anywhere at any time.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    But executives make decisions? And mid-level employees may care more than sports fans? And wealthy sports fans can have a private booth? And you can't tell me that sports fans don't have a greater appetite for risk, on average, than the public at large. It's an adrenaline-infused pastime

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    NAB is filled with mostly mid-level employees.

There are many more important and wealthier people that show up as fans at NFL, MLB and soon NBA games who could be concerned as well.

Anyone concerned wears a mask.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    Care about what?
    Delta. Covid generally

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
    Interesting. I had to look that one up. The original is "we are All Keynesians now." which Freedman said when Nixon Embrace Financial stimulus during a recession. Which is both a fitting analogy to your YouTube comment and a damn good point about the merits of keynesianism
    Friedman write it first in 1965, repeated it later and the line became famous due to Nixon's "ad-libbing" it at a public event/interview.

As to the Keynesian's, Nixon's economy was a disaster. As I once mentioned to Ben Stein (his father, Herb, was the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, January, 1972 - August, 1974).

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    Care about what?

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    I guess the only difference between NAB and 40,000-60,000 sitting next to each other at sporting events is most of those are outdoors.

Not sure how else it's any different as people do quite a bit of walking at sports stadiums and both require vaccination (or many sports stadiums are starting to).
    Difference is probably that many sports fans don't care but many Executives do

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by DLD View Post
    To paraphrase Milton Friedman, "We're all YouTube'rs now".
    Interesting. I had to look that one up. The original is "we are All Keynesians now." which Freedman said when Nixon Embrace Financial stimulus during a recession. Which is both a fitting analogy to your YouTube comment and a damn good point about the merits of keynesianism

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    I guess the only difference between NAB and 40,000-60,000 sitting next to each other at sporting events is most of those are outdoors.

Not sure how else it's any different as people do quite a bit of walking at sports stadiums and both require vaccination (or many sports stadiums are starting to).

Leave a comment:

• Run&Gun
    replied
    I was sorta in my window, but still off just a little bit... I said on another site that I would be shocked if they let it drag on more than another week before cancelling it(I was right), but really expected an announcement within the next few days. I was banking on Monday or Tuesday at the latest(I was wrong, but would still be in contention on The Price is Right).

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    What a mess. Frustrating virus, a disruption for life, perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    To paraphrase Milton Friedman, "We're all YouTube'rs now".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X