Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbregar
    replied
    B&H has the EVO II Pro in stock… at least the rugged bundle and enterprise.

My normal drone retailer Advexure has some configs in stock as well.

I’d guess it’s just normal supply chain issues.

Leave a comment:

• Clermond
    replied
    Autel EVO drones are sold out. Is there a reason for that?

Leave a comment:

• Emanuel
    replied
    Anyways, I'd still bet on this other one:

https://youtu.be/SMKhXb8mNNE?t=185

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Milligan
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post

can you share any footage?
    I cannot share footage unfortunately since I'm currently working on a doc project that requires all content to remain under wrap for the time being.

I definitely have not experienced any flyaways or weird problems with flight controls. I've flown mine both slow and steady as well as whipping it around through trees, over rivers and down canyons and under every circumstance mine has flown exceptionally well.

The only two weird things I've experienced with my M3C is that sometimes I can see a little drift when the drone is hovering (not all the time, but I have seen it), and I also saw online where people were reporting where their gimbal was rubbing on the legs of the drone when folded up. After reading that I double checked mine and did notice a couple small scratches on the gimbal and the legs where the rub was. I will say that is very annoying, especially because I spent so much money on this consumer (prosumer?) drone. Luckily I figured that out quickly after reading about it before it got too scuffed up and was able to prevent any further rubbing by going to Lowe's and buying little sticky felt dots that I put on the arms where the gimbal would hit and that worked great by essentially locking the gimbal to the arms with small pads. You definitely shouldn't have to do this though and this is a design flaw on DJI's part.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• David Saraceno
    replied
    Originally posted by jbregar View Post

I've been flying drones since before the Phantom line was a thing (and I've owned every generation of Phantom, both generations of Inspire, an S900 w/ A2 flight controller, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Air 2s, Mini 2, DJI FPV, Autel EVO II Pro and at least a dozen homebuilts of various size and configuration)... and I can tell you, the Mavic 3 needs some work on its flight dynamics.

They'll fix it, I'm sure... but it's another example of the fact that the Mavic 3 was definitely released before it was fully baked... the missing features being another clear signal.
    I've also read reports by experienced DJI flyers that report a uptick in flyaways. In nearly all cases, the flight logs show a hardware failure.

Leave a comment:

• jbregar
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Milligan View Post
    I shot all morning with my Mavic 3 Cine flying in and out of tree lined rivers and I personally don't feel that there's any flight issues with the system, at least with my copy. My M3C with the new RC Pro remote is hands down the best flying bird I've ever used. I recently sold my Phantom 4 Pro+ and my Air 2S and for me this drone absolutely smokes those in terms of flight control, handling and image quality. Perhaps those who got the Cine version with the RC Pro remote are having better luck thanks to the upgraded remote?
    Mine's not a Cine, but I am using the RC Pro. It flies identically with the RC-N1 and RC Pro.

The problems are largely over-braking and just overall twitchy flight. It's widely-reported. A lot of people won't notice it because they're not tuned into how it _should_ fly. It's not an insurmountable problem, it just makes any moves that require two-stick movement more difficult than they should be. I'm used to doing things like orbits manually and it absolutely shows itself there.

I also don't think it's a "copy" thing... I have four total friends with Mavic 3s and one of them has two (one Cine among us)... and all five of them fly pretty much the same and we've all noticed the flight dynamics need some adjustment. It appears to be all of them... but a lot of people don't really notice it based on how they fly and how attuned they are to how their drone is flying.

I've been flying drones since before the Phantom line was a thing (and I've owned every generation of Phantom, both generations of Inspire, an S900 w/ A2 flight controller, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Air 2s, Mini 2, DJI FPV, Autel EVO II Pro and at least a dozen homebuilts of various size and configuration)... and I can tell you, the Mavic 3 needs some work on its flight dynamics.

They'll fix it, I'm sure... but it's another example of the fact that the Mavic 3 was definitely released before it was fully baked... the missing features being another clear signal.

Leave a comment:

• David Saraceno
    replied
    I shot all morning with my Mavic 3 Cine flying in and out of tree lined rivers and I personally don't feel that there's any flight issues with the system, at least with my copy. My M3C with the new RC Pro remote is hands down the best flying bird I've ever used. I recently sold my Phantom 4 Pro+ and my Air 2S and for me this drone absolutely smokes those in terms of flight control, handling and image quality. Perhaps those who got the Cine version with the RC Pro remote are having better luck thanks to the upgraded remote?
    It would be great if you could provide some sample footage.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    can you share any footage?

Leave a comment:

• rob norton
    replied
    Haha yeah, they're among the best.

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    They don't need any reason other than this:

image_129200.jpg

Leave a comment:

• rob norton
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post

Why not just fly an fx3 on an airpeak? Is this just for ****s and giggles or is there actually a potential advantage?
    - They would've already owned the drone (and maybe the 4d)/don't have to buy and sell a airpeak
    - FPV goggles control - either a function or preference thing
    - ND filters
    - maybe greater AF control (can't tell what set up they have)
    - maybe better files
    - other potential monitoring reasons?
    - overall set up could actually be smaller?

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Milligan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by rob norton View Post
    was only a matter of time - (d)ronin 4d by beverly hills aerials: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXblTg0j...dium=copy_link
    Why not just fly an fx3 on an airpeak? Is this just for ****s and giggles or is there actually a potential advantage?

Leave a comment:

• rob norton
    replied
    was only a matter of time - (d)ronin 4d by beverly hills aerials: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXblTg0j...dium=copy_link

Leave a comment:

• David Saraceno
    replied
    I agree. The Mavic 3 appears to be rushed to the market by DJI -- at least in some key areas. Firmware that was originally anticipated in January arrived much earlier, so appears some issues are being addressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X