No announcement yet.

New Canon XF605 UHD camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, then I guess nothing has changed via FW...that 4K/60p HEVC is 4:2:0 (like most cameras back then with HEVC).

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman2003 View Post
      Yes, the rear zoom control via LANC is very important to me for tripod work.
      I have been using the Libec ZFC-L LANC Zoom/Focus controller with my CX350 (v6.01) for the past two years. The zoom rocker works great. The focus rocker is a bit slower than I would like. Don’t use the focus rocker much. The Libec ZC-LP is zoom control only. Also, in the CX350 Panasonic changed their LANC protocol to be compatible with Sony and Canon.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ntrol_for.html
      Last edited by nutmegger; 08-29-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
        Ultimately I want 2 matching cameras so looks like the choice may be get another 180 which will save $$ or get 2 Canon xf605.

or the 605 and a cheaper canon such as a canon 405 or maybe used 705 ? not perfect but worth a consider
        Good idea

Comment

This camera excites me. As someone who came from the eng world and transitioned into large sensor cams, I miss being able to have one lens that can do it all. Especially for sports where you may be doing something like a stand up, but then need to shoot guys playing very far away. Not having to swap lenses constantly is priceless.

Specs look great and the new processor and AF modes rock. The only big downside for me is the handheld aspect. I always ran the shoulder mounted cams, but I remember this form factor being a pain to shoot with. Because the weight is out in front of you, long handheld sessions are impossible. I know many people use a monopod for this style of camcorder, but I already carry around a tripod everywhere and it’s redundant. Sometimes you just need to throw it on the shoulder for long stretches.

Comment

Ooops...the price of the Canon 605 is $4,499 not $4,999, so an $800 difference re: the CX350, not $1,300 as I previously posted.

Ken

Comment

With the Cinema EOS Matrix settings, can we expect the creamy cinematic look of the Cxxx Cinema Cameras which I love?

Comment

The camera will for sure look nice but the above will depend on your own expectations.

IMO, these camcorders' IQ are always limited by their glass, small sensor and processing, but they keep getting better and better every year so I personally have high hopes for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by boo View Post
                  With the Cinema EOS Matrix settings, can we expect the creamy cinematic look of the Cxxx Cinema Cameras which I love?
                  Same thing I was wondering earlier. If so, that would be a tempting reason to replace my current event cameras with some of these. I love that Canon color science

Comment

I held this a the photo show in the UK.

It is not small,. its like a 2/3 of the ex1 and nothing like a handy cam - its also wide

the lens seems wider fov than described which is excellent

overall everything seemed good, possibly excellent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUFy-R_q..._web_copy_link
                    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Well it looks like the camera is set for vertical video Did you happen to do an extended zoom run from optical into digital zoom? I would be interested to see if the transition is seamless or not for HD filming.

Comment

Sorry I didnt observe the zoom - I mean it can fill a frame with a face at 15m, but I didnt observe the zoom action
                        http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Pretty good overview here from CVP. Although they do warn about the noise levels as soon as you start to gain up, even at +6dB. Overall though I think this camera fills a need out there as long as you don't want a low light killer. I guess we've all been spoilt by bigger sensor low light performance these days so I guess those comments are no surprise. Covers all the codec and color space offerings the camera has plus it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to match with most of the later Canon C series. They compare it to the C70 in some areas. I could definitely see a use for it.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                            Sorry I didnt observe the zoom - I mean it can fill a frame with a face at 15m, but I didnt observe the zoom action
                            No worries!

Comment

Working...
                            X