X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting for Film and Television 3-DVD Set Now In DVXuser Shop

Information here:

Six hours of content over three DVDs: fundamentals, technique, an exclusive interview with a veteran cinematographer, and lighting breakdowns on two short films, with Macgregor!

Watch the films at the link above.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Pre-ordered tonight! Looking forward to this. Thanks for your time and efforts to produce this!

Comment

Thanks, Robert! Hope you enjoy.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

I'll be ordering one for sure. Loved your Sound DVD.

Comment

Good to hear, on both counts!

Comment

In school we basically only covered 3 point lighting & almost all of my practical lighting experience has been geared toward lighting interviews so I've been wanting to learn cinematic/dramatic lighting for a while now & my attempts at it never have seemed right. I'm excited about the prospect of learning something new through this series.

One question; do you guys cover using a light meter anywhere in this?

Comment

Pre-ordered when the email notification came in. I'm really looking forward to this. This will be a great addition to the Sound DVD release.
              An endless stream of dead uncle Daves

Comment

Ordered!
                Stephen Mick
                Owner/Creative Director
                Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com

Comment

Originally posted by ethan cooper View Post
                  In school we basically only covered 3 point lighting & almost all of my practical lighting experience has been geared toward lighting interviews so I've been wanting to learn cinematic/dramatic lighting for a while now & my attempts at it never have seemed right. I'm excited about the prospect of learning something new through this series.

One question; do you guys cover using a light meter anywhere in this?
                  We do cover a light meter, and tell you the best times to use it. You may be surprised.

Comment

I ordered mine a few days ago. Can't wait to watch it. I'm really looking forward to the interview with Jack, Barry, and MacGregor.
                    NJ Film School | Off Stage Films | Movie Poet

Comment

Looks Awesome !!
                      Twitter: http://twitter.com/Luckystudio13
                      Studio Blog: http://luckystudio13.blogspot.com/
                      Demo Reel: http://vimeo.com/34758857

Comment

Is it possible to make downloable version?
                        May be even in HD?
                        And one for iPad also?

I really enjoyed Sound DVD (yeah, I have unique copy sign personally by Barry :-) ). It is made really good and it is funny :-).
                        Looking at Mythbusters shot it looks like this one will be similar :-)

From marketing standpoint it is good to make small "trailer" preview.
                        Like 10-12 minutes.
                        I think that the start and overview must be really good and could go as such thing.

Comment

A trailer is in the works. Thanks for your compliments on Sound! The Sound trailer is pretty much the intro, as you mention . . .

Comment

I just ordered it! Lighting is my weakness and I readily admit it. I can't wait to delve into this.

Comment

This looks great! I've wanted something to give my lighting an oomph. I'm definitely considering buying this (or asking it for Christmas).

Is the DVD directed more to beginners or is it a bit more advanced? Or is there something for everyone?
                              "Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms." - Alfred Hitchcock

Comment

Working...
                              X