X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine today
    http://www.c4film.se

Comment

I just watched the entire 3 dvd set, even though it just arrived yesterday, and I was extremely impressed... After watching I don't feel as intimidated and don't feel I'm wasting my time while playing with my own equipment. Typically I just have other people do it who don't know it very well either.

Comment

Excellent!
        LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Ordered my dvd will let you guys know what the score is. Jut out of interest does this dvd show you how to light for film noir?

Comment

We don't have a specific lesson about lighting for noir, but you should easily be able to take the lessons and determine how to do it. We designed it so that you should be able to light any genre once you absorb the lessons.

We didn't really say "if you want X genre, you put the lights here, here, and here"; instead, we show you what it looks like when you put lights in specific places -- so it's kind of the opposite approach. THEN we show examples of different kinds of genres and moods and characters, and why certain looks work for those -- and then you should be able to put two and two together and make things look the way you want. Instead of just learning to mimic what someone tells you to do, you learn WHY things work in particular ways, and then that should empower you to come up with the HOW in most any situation.

We think it's a more solid way to teach it.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

good news to hear this is now available, sounds like a great buy.

Official DVXUser Sponsor - Sign up now, and get listed!
              http://www.doddleme.com
              Download now in the iTunes App Store!

Follow us on:
              Twitter: twitter.com/doddleme
              Facebook: facebook.com/doddleme

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday, it's shipping today! Looking forward to it.

Comment

Sounds like a very detailed and informative dvd. Great to have the full lighting breakdowns with someone like Macgregor on there as well.

Official DVXUser Sponsor - Sign up now, and get listed!
                  http://www.doddleme.com
                  Download now in the iTunes App Store!

Follow us on:
                  Twitter: twitter.com/doddleme
                  Facebook: facebook.com/doddleme

Comment

Looks good. The videos in the links are only finished project; would like to see a how-to segment on set-ups. Is natural, outdoor, atmospheric lighting covered much? Glad to see this is 3 DVDs. Lighting is so extensive, I would think because lighting is so extensive, one DVD wouldn't cut it.

Comment

We do have some segments on outdoor lighting, both instructionally and within the breakdowns of the short films. Will be getting a excerpts reel up soon . . .

Comment

Is there an online review of this dvd somewhere? I've never seen a good lighting tutorial, but I'm hoping this one is the exeption. I'd like to hear more feedback before commiting to purchase.

Comment

People have given reviews and feedback in the discussion page here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...and-Television

Edit: Well, they start here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...=1#post2148932

Comment

May I ask a potentially stupid question - what's the difference between 'lighting' and 'cinematography'?

Comment

Lighting is part of cinematography, but not all of cinematography. There's quite a bit more to cinematography than lighting - composition, lenses, etc. We cover some of it, but we primarily talk about lighting.

Comment

Thanks David.

Comment

Working...
                                X