Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Russina LOMO 100MM Clip - M2
    Or "Russian", thats better.

Really compressed WMV footage from 1080-24PA. I'm using the Brevis OCT-19 mount on the Redrock M2. I had to drill holes and guestimate alignment and FFD. I'd say it's 80% there, no where near perfect. "Save as" please.

CLIP 1 - 26MB "Flowers".

Lens is a 1979 LOMO 100mm 3.1F.

http://smartpuppy.com/hvx/Flowers-09.wmv

CLIP 2 - 23MB "Palms and Leaves"

Lens is a 1986 LOMO CKBK 75mm 1.5F.

http://smartpuppy.com/hvx/lomo75mm.wmv

CLIP 3 - 13MB "Ice Cream"

Lens is a 1986 LOMO CKBK 75mm 1.5F.

Sun going down.

http://smartpuppy.com/hvx/75mm-lomo.wmv

CLIP 4 - 1.5MB "Bokeh"

Sample bokeh, each scene is a different LOMO lens. 28mm to 80mm.

http://smartpuppy.com/hvx/bokeh.wmv
    Last edited by sotty; 03-30-2007 at 07:59 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Holy CRAP Sotty. Your M2 stuff is by far THE SHARPEST M2 footage I see here. Even your last set of wmv's exhibited edge-to-edge sharpness and clarity.

These look freakin' fantastic man. That's for the alert on the post!
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey, very clean, i like it!
    Thanks,
    Wayne Kinney - Managing Director - Budget Camera Gear Ltd
    ------------
    www.budgetcameragear.com

4. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    You guys should dig up Sotty's older thread. Had Zeiss glass going and it was fantastic.

one thing, Sotty: The footage exhibits a minor bit of smear. Unlike your last run of clips which had more. Did you ever figure out if it was the shutter/Synchro speed or a property of compression?

Could ya give us your settings? And was there any post processing or all in camera? The look of the first one is really nice. Was that in Camera?
    Comet Color Page

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi
    You guys should dig up Sotty's older thread. Had Zeiss glass going and it was fantastic.

one thing, Sotty: The footage exhibits a minor bit of smear. Unlike your last run of clips which had more. Did you ever figure out if it was the shutter/Synchro speed or a property of compression?

Could ya give us your settings? And was there any post processing or all in camera? The look of the first one is really nice. Was that in Camera?

Man Kholi, you have some good eyes...or a 45 foot screen.

Settings in camera is Cine D, 1080-24PA, Detail +3, VDetail +3, everything else -1, 0 +1. Gamma: Cine-like.

Glad you like them. I really know nothing about compression, I just play around with everything until it looks good without a massive file. I'd say 99% for certain that smear is compression as when I compare to original 900mb AVI file its very clear. Nothing in post, no filter, just straight into camera.
    Last edited by sotty; 03-30-2007 at 03:33 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Scotty

Really, really nice work. Care to comment on the lomos? I have heard (perhaps repeated) from many sources not to rely on any lens older than 1980. I'm sure the lomo lurkers out there would love to hear more about your ability to acquire such beautiful lenses.

Brian
    ===========
    Brian Valente
    Redrock Micro
    www.redrockmicro.com

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalente
    Scotty

Really, really nice work. Care to comment on the lomos? I have heard (perhaps repeated) from many sources not to rely on any lens older than 1980. I'm sure the lomo lurkers out there would love to hear more about your ability to acquire such beautiful lenses.

Brian
    Thanks. I got them from Rafcamera and from Ebay. My favorite lens is the 1979 100mm, 3.1f, paid $125. I really like the contrast.
    Pic here -http://rafcamera.com/100mm-lens-oks2...unt-p-275.html

So I don't know about the pre 1980 stuff and don't buy into it. I think there are good lenses from all years. I like the Zeiss and Nikons but the Russian cine lenses breath much less if at all.

8. Collapse Details
    Man being a fairly new father, the ice cream clip slayed me...priceless. That is some beautiful footage.

9. Collapse Details
    I love the image from the 100mm. Absolutely gorgeous.
    "What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"

10. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by sotty
    Man Kholi, you have some good eyes...or a 45 foot screen.

Settings in camera is Cine D, 1080-24PA, Detail +3, VDetail +3, everything else -1, 0 +1. Gamma: Cine-like.

Glad you like them. I really know nothing about compression, I just play around with everything until it looks good without a massive file. I'd say 99% for certain that smear is compression as when I compare to original 900mb AVI file its very clear. Nothing in post, no filter, just straight into camera.
    LOL. I honestly think it's just the Cinema HD. I'm sure if I check it out on the CRT it'll be totally different.

Great footage, dude. Even though they're tests this is still awesome. Sometimes I doubt 35mm setups because of the soft footage I see; these are a reminder that it's just the operator.

And the glass was ONLY 125.00!?!? You paid more for your Zeiss glass but got comparable results. Do you feel like they're on the same level or completely different?
    Comet Color Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast