Thread: Venmo

1. Collapse Details
    Venmo
    I added online payments to my dance recital forms. A parent asked if they could use Venmo. I'm starting to hear that name a lot, so I signed up for an account today. Anyone have any experience with it? I'm wondering if there is a good way to keep orders straight. For example a parent sends me money now for a dvd of a performance 3 weeks into the future. Thinking how I'm going to remember to send a dvd month from now and keep track that they've paid. In the good old days I print order forms, they purchase copies at the door the day of the show, I take those order forms home and produce them.

Venmo also has business and person profiles. For business they take 1.9%+$0.10 of the payment. $30 dvd ($0.67). They say you're not allowed to accept business payment to personal profile.

2. Collapse Details
    I use venmo, it's quite popular these days. I get paid by some clients thru it and I pay rent thru it. People commonly use it to pay each other back for drinks, etc. You can add comments to payments you send or receive. For example, you could add a comment saying, "Send Jim DVD of 4.16 dance performance by 5.16" and then later add a comment saying, "DVD sent on 5.9". That way you have your payment history and fulfillment history all there in front of you when you look at your account activity, albeit without spreadsheet organization. And your comments would probably be viewable by the client, but that might be ok

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I use venmo, it's quite popular these days. I get paid by some clients thru it and I pay rent thru it. People commonly use it to pay each other back for drinks, etc. You can add comments to payments you send or receive. For example, you could add a comment saying, "Send Jim DVD of 4.16 dance performance by 5.16" and then later add a comment saying, "DVD sent on 5.9". That way you have your payment history and fulfillment history all there in front of you when you look at your account activity, albeit without spreadsheet organization. And your comments would probably be viewable by the client, but that might be ok
    Do you do it through person or business profile? I fore see only a few people paying this way especially for this year. I say this because Venmo warns not to use a personal account for business transactions but they might only care if you're a store with hundreds of transactions a day.

4. Collapse Details
    personal. yeah I have no idea what their threshold for caring is