1. Collapse Details
    A cool commerical

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    An extraordinary effort and execution to persuade people to drink "sweat."
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

3. Collapse Details
    I used to drink that stuff when I lived in Japan. It's been 25 years, but I think the milky white flavor of Gatorade has some similarities. I'm pretty sure you can find it at any H-Mart these days. Might have to pick some up. I found myself wanting some after watching this.

The practical effects are just amazing. And I have never seen a gimbal used that way. I'm still wondering how they slipped or slacked the suspension cables for the the girls run through the crowd and out of the door.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks! That was cool to see!

5. Collapse Details
    For me, the amazing organic work they did is “ruined” by the spot looking like a bunch of cgi.

The viewer likely just assumes it is all computer trickery. As soon as I saw the hallway with hills I assumed that part had to be cgi. And overall the lighting, even the girl, has a cgi look. She looks like computer animation. ( maybe she is “too perfect”? ). For the viewer to be amazed at what the makers accomplished the viewer needs to know that it wasn’t just cgi. Or at least be left open to the possibility that it was all organic. But the spot, even though it is all organic, sends the viewer into closing the door to that possibility and does so early on.

As opposed to the music videos from the band “Ok Go” that gained notoriety for the amazing organic work that never goes so far as to cause you to write the whole thing off as computer magic:

Big sources matter.

6. Collapse Details
    I agree. When I watched it I assumed it was heavy CGI. It wasn't until I watched the making video that I learned otherwise.
    The video you shared just looks real and impressive without saying computer generated
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    For me, the amazing organic work they did is “ruined” by the spot looking like a bunch of cgi.

The viewer likely just assumes it is all computer trickery. As soon as I saw the hallway with hills I assumed that part had to be cgi. And overall the lighting, even the girl, has a cgi look. She looks like computer animation. ( maybe she is “too perfect”? ). For the viewer to be amazed at what the makers accomplished the viewer needs to know that it wasn’t just cgi. Or at least be left open to the possibility that it was all organic. But the spot, even though it is all organic, sends the viewer into closing the door to that possibility and does so early on.

As opposed to the music videos from the band “Ok Go” that gained notoriety for the amazing organic work that never goes so far as to cause you to write the whole thing off as computer magic:

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I agree. When I watched it I assumed it was heavy CGI. It wasn't until I watched the making video that I learned otherwise.
    The video you shared just looks real and impressive without saying computer generated

That music video is a single-take, as you may have noticed. Which means, as with any single-taker, they would have to start over again if there were any unacceptable error. Not unique in that. But what with the choreography in the video, highly geometric choreography, there is much room for error. If a single umbrella fails to open properly, everything before that has to be executed again.

The Sweat commercial IS impressive and highly creative. Bravo. And likely they had no intent to impress the audience with the fact that the spot was no CGI and just wanted a visually stunning spot. But if the case, why tout that it was no CGI? And why bother with the difficulty in doing it all organic?
    Big sources matter.