Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    robotfist has some homework to do.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. It is strange to me that the only power supply I can find on BH with these specifications is this Wooden Camera option you linked to. Some of the reviews on that power supply say that it is massive and heavy. I'm guessing Canon doesn't make one?
    It's a pretty common power supply. I just used an extra one I had from my Red camera and put a 4 pin XLR plug on it. "Massive and heavy?" It weighs around a pound. The thing is, the camera needs the amperage, so the power supply will be large ish.

Here's another possible option at 12 volts and 12 amps with the correct plug. Generally, cameras will accept a range of voltage, I'm just not sure what the voltage range is for the camera. I posted a question on B&H about this. Canon indicates 14.4 volts for battery and 16.7 volts for AC power supply.

ADDENDUM:

Someone on B&H Q&A said they bought this one and it works: https://indiprotools.com/collections...roducts/ip4pps

This would mean, the one I gave a link for above would also work.

3. Collapse Details
    The camera has a pretty wide voltage acceptance... 11.5-20V but it does say it needs 10A.

If you're capable of doing a little soldering... I'd just buy a 12-15V 10A AC adapter, cut off the barrel connector and solder in a 4-pin XLR. You can find 12V 10A+ power supplies for like $30.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.20.12 AM.jpg
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

4. Collapse Details
    10A is the acceptable maximum as written above. The camera most likely requires less.

There's this thread below in which one person - although I can't confirm it - says the C500 Mark II uses about 3 amps (post #2). I think some older RED cameras were around 4-5 amps.

I'd get the 10A anyway, but just saying.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...I-power-supply

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Santucci View Post
    It's a pretty common power supply. I just used an extra one I had from my Red camera and put a 4 pin XLR plug on it. "Massive and heavy?" It weighs around a pound. The thing is, the camera needs the amperage, so the power supply will be large ish.

Here's another possible option at 12 volts and 12 amps with the correct plug. Generally, cameras will accept a range of voltage, I'm just not sure what the voltage range is for the camera. I posted a question on B&H about this. Canon indicates 14.4 volts for battery and 16.7 volts for AC power supply.

ADDENDUM:

Someone on B&H Q&A said they bought this one and it works: https://indiprotools.com/collections...roducts/ip4pps

This would mean, the one I gave a link for above would also work.
    To be fair, I just checked the specs on the WC PS(presuming B&H is correct...) and it's listed at over 2 1/2 pounds, whereas most are usually somewhere in that 1 to 1.5 lb range. The Bescore 12V PS that I have for one of my older 9" Panasonic LCD monitors is 1.2lbs. But I'm not sure I'd call even 2.5lbs heavy, either. It's not like you're running around shooting handheld with an A/C power supply attached. You're only using a PS like that when you are stationary.

6. Collapse Details
    You don't really buy a "maximum" current power supply... the camera will take what it needs. The power supply rating is the maximum it can supply... it can always send less amperage.

I think what that's saying in the manual page above is "10A is the maximum this camera will ever require" not "don't use anything bigger than 12V 10A."
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    To be fair, I just checked the specs on the WC PS(presuming B&H is correct...) and it's listed at over 2 1/2 pounds, whereas most are usually somewhere in that 1 to 1.5 lb range. The Bescore 12V PS that I have for one of my older 9" Panasonic LCD monitors is 1.2lbs. But I'm not sure I'd call even 2.5lbs heavy, either. It's not like you're running around shooting handheld with an A/C power supply attached. You're only using a PS like that when you are stationary.
    This is the power supply that came with my Red Epic and that I just repurposed for C300 MKIII. It weighs right around 1 lb. I don't know what a WC PS is, but if it's the official over priced Canon power supply - LOL.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Santucci View Post
    This is the power supply that came with my Red Epic and that I just repurposed for C300 MKIII. It weighs right around 1 lb. I don't know what a WC PS is, but if it's the official over priced Canon power supply - LOL.
    The Wooden Camera power supply (WC PS) that y’all were talking about. robot fist said he read reviews of it being heavy and you said the one from your RED was only ~1lb. I said the one I have for a monitor is only 1.2lb, but to be fair regarding the Wooden Camera PSU being “heavy” comment, the specs say it’s over 2.5lbs, which is more than double.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    So the C300 III did not come with an AC power cable, nor do I see one for sale by Canon anywhere. Does anyone know what cable to use to power the C300 III from the wall? I don't want to pick the wrong power adapter and fry the camera. And I can't seem to find any info about this on Canon's website.
    I'm using these two paired together with my C300mkIII:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...or_li_ion.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._to_4_pin.html

The charger is just 430g.

(primarily using to charge my v-mounts but serves equally well for AC)

10. Collapse Details
    Hmmmm, I have a v mount charger. Forgot all about it. Guess I have a back up power supply, cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast