Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Canon C300 III AC Power Cable?
    So the C300 III did not come with an AC power cable, nor do I see one for sale by Canon anywhere. Does anyone know what cable to use to power the C300 III from the wall? I don't want to pick the wrong power adapter and fry the camera. And I can't seem to find any info about this on Canon's website.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. It is strange to me that the only power supply I can find on BH with these specifications is this Wooden Camera option you linked to. Some of the reviews on that power supply say that it is massive and heavy. I'm guessing Canon doesn't make one?

4. Collapse Details
    I don't have any recommendations for a power supply, but I'll just throw out some general information (which you may know already):

The power supply above is rated 15 VDC up to 10 amps so if you're searching for that exact combination, you might not have any hits.

The above supply is a bit shorter but wider than a regular water bottle (look at the B&H customer pics)...pretty standard for a similar camera supply meant to be used in a stationary studio-like environment.

Canon doesn't appear to make their own version.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    So the C300 III did not come with an AC power cable, nor do I see one for sale by Canon anywhere. Does anyone know what cable to use to power the C300 III from the wall? I don't want to pick the wrong power adapter and fry the camera. And I can't seem to find any info about this on Canon's website.
    Isn't it this one? - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...c_coupler.html

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    The adapter I linked and coupler you linked, when used together will power the compatible DSLRs.

The adapter alone should power the c300 iii/c500 ii (according to Q&A).

8. Collapse Details
    It's one of the first things I checked but they didn't say anything about it being for the cinema cameras and it's nowhere on the C300 Mark III's page.

But its description is pretty straightforward and maybe hasn't been updated. (And clicking compatibility doesn't show anything.)

That would be great if it works though.

E19.jpg

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah I'd say they haven't updated the description. Being under c300 iii accessories/batteries & power, along with the answers on the product page is good enough for me though.
    Last edited by rob norton; 04-18-2021 at 06:00 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    You can't always trust the recommended accessories/questions...just people with day jobs building web pages and sales staff doing research to answer questions.

Canon's own website is recommending the XF705's power supply (CA-CP200L) for the C300 Mark III.

One of the answers says the output of the adapter above is 8 volts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast