1. Collapse Details
    7Q / Gemini 444 software / Firmware
    Since CD has fully closed up their online site for recorders I wanted to try to consolidate all files that we need to keep these recorders alive.

I am looking for all the software tools for reading the drives, for both mac and pc.

And whatever possible firmware you have available. I will store them online so this community can keep on getting them.

C
    IATSE Local 600 Western Region 1st Assistant Camera
    Associate Member of the S.O.C.

2. Collapse Details
    Great idea! I emailed them about a week ago and they sent over a link for the CD lut converter software I requested. So, there is still someone at the helm at least for now... I would make requests to them soon via email before it goes completely silent. DM your email I will send the link over if you need the lut converter software to add to the collection.

3. Collapse Details
    James A Beethe, from Convergent Design posted this on the Odyssey 7Q+ group page on Facebook

Convergent Design Tech Support Update on the redesigned Convergent Design Web site adding back Odyssey/Apollo support and links. At the bottom of the website, we now have a column for "Legacy" with Odyssey/Apollo/Software Options. So far, it only has a photo of the Odyssey 7Q+ with links to email sales, support, and more.
    We are striving to add the ability to download all of the software utilities, and 2018.03.1719 firmware to this page. Slow process.

Broatch

4. Collapse Details
    I have all the 7Q firmwares 2015 up... let me know if you need any of them.

5. Collapse Details
    https://www.cvc.de/en/sfo/11962/Fine...es-5-pack.html

Looks like these guys are printing the SSD Handles because you can't find packs of the CD ones anymore. I've been buying Samsung 850 Pro SSD's at deep discount's from the CD brand drives but the 7Q is a pain to get SSD out of without the handle on it.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yachacha View Post
    https://www.cvc.de/en/sfo/11962/Fine...es-5-pack.html

Looks like these guys are printing the SSD Handles because you can't find packs of the CD ones anymore. I've been buying Samsung 850 Pro SSD's at deep discount's from the CD brand drives but the 7Q is a pain to get SSD out of without the handle on it.
    Good to know those can be found. Thanks for sharing!

7. Collapse Details
    Amazing, there's a niche of a niche of a niche business if ever there was one!
    Mitch Gross
    Prolycht Lighting
    NYC

8. Collapse Details
    Hello! I wanted to ask those of you who use the 7q what firmware is recommended for the F35 and does that firmware support Samsung drives or just the originals? Also, can the utilities be found somewhere and are they necessary? What should I look for when buying a 7q, I don't want to buy something I can't use, they're pretty expensive. Thanks!