Thread: S1H new price

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I had to take some stills with the A7SIII recently on a sudden, unexpected request at a video shoot. definitely helpful to have a 3:2 sensor.

And any increase in pixel count will have an adverse effect on ISO performance and readout speed. No thanks! You should stop assuming that more resolution is necessarily a step up. It is a step in a different direction...
    Absent a jump in technology, it's always a trade off between this and that. But, if someone shoots 90% video/10% stills, I'd think he'd want the camera maximized for video.

Side note, big sale/cashback on A7III and A7RIV in Europe. This could be a sign that Sony's trying to clear the existing inventory, with A7IV being bandied about a while. If A7IV comes out soon, S1H MKII is likely to follow.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    It looks like it off the various rumors, sort of a combination of a decent leap in tech with a simultaneous jump in prices. The Euros (starting tomorrow) and Copa America (starting Sunday) are two major sporting events, so one might have to be on a look out for all the new gear in the hands of the top sports photogs. Gordon Laing showed off a real R3 ... but Canon didn't let him even play with the dials...
    Apparently, R3 made a beach landing at the G7 summit

3. Collapse Details
    If Anyone is interested in buying an S1H Message me I have one for sale.

4. Collapse Details
    Sony has a bunch of deals right now (with the exception of A7SIII, A6600 and A7RIV A). Nikon's discounting the first generation Z6, Z5 and Z50. Sony has a bunch of body+lens combos too. It seems mostly photo oriented though.

5. Collapse Details
    Rumors of A7IV announcement in September. Which makes sense to be after the Olympics (July, 23-August, 8).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678