Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    You might not even need to turn the contrast all the way down, run some tests and see what looks good to you. For indoor interviews, under controlled lighting, I think it's good to shoot close to the Rec.709 standard.

2. Collapse Details
    Imamacuser thank you for the suggestions but to be sure in what to do for interior shots :

- should i set flat 11 Profile and on settings of the profile should i try to raise up (after tests) the contrast?
    - To get close to the Rec.709 standard should i do what i wrote above?
    Thank you so much for your kind help

3. Collapse Details
    Select the "Standard" profile and turn down it's contrast, this will get you pretty close to Rec.709.

The only time it would make sense to shoot in a flat profile indoors, would be if there was a window behind your subject and you were trying to hold onto some of the highlight detail outside of the window. That kind of situation warrants ND gel on the window and a super bright key light, be that might not be practical in all circumstances.

Flat profiles can be tricky to grade, so it's best to use ones that have a corresponding corrective LUT.

4. Collapse Details
    Tomorrow ižll try the neutral profile turning down the contrast
    Thank you IMAMACUSER

5. Collapse Details
    For indoor shots, under controlled light, don't use the Neutral profile, use the Standard profile with the contrast dialed down a little. To do this on my D7000, I select menu / Shooting Menu / Set Picture Control / Standard / Contrast. Run some tests with different contrast settings and see what you like.

6. Collapse Details
    You might have seen this already, here's the skin tone shot from the D7000 in the Zacuto 2011 Great Camera Shootout. Nikon's can produce a great image when they're exposed correctly.

Set your field monitor's zebras between 70 - 80 depending on the subject's skin tone, and adjust your camera's exposure till the zebra strips just barely start to register on the brightest part of your subject's face.

7. Collapse Details
    I'll set the zebras to 70 !Thank you for the precious help you are giving to me!

8. Collapse Details
    Hallo, i wanted to show you what i did: i dialed down the contrast almost to zero with the Standard profile as you suggested me. The noise grain with the flat 11 of thd D7100 disappeared...
    I filmed in the darkness of the pits and i'm pretty happy for the results. Could you tell me your opinion ?
    Thanks for your time
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3843656825732903
    Last edited by Stelvium; 06-10-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12