1. Collapse Details
    Raspberry Pi HQ Camera video possibilities
    Anyone exploring this?

I know people do it for surveillance cameras & consumer video, little point & shoot diy camera projects. I am more wondering about high bit video, all the aforementioned stuff I could find on github diy communities isn't using what the 12mpx sensor (Sony IMX477) is capable of: 40/60fps out of a 12/10 bit adc. Theoretically could do something more than 8bit out usb 3.0 bus to an sata m.2 with the right code(?).

The raspberry compute 4 modules (whenever generally available) open up enough I/O to take all that the sensor can give, that's for sure. I'd love to play around with some old b4 servo & s16 geared lenses* mated to a remote controllable rpi

*I realize most of these aren't even 4k much less 12mpx resolution lenses, some are for 3ccd etc
    Last edited by hojomo; 01-02-2021 at 06:05 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Yep Im exploring.

The rest of your post is currently beyond me (but interesting)

My thought was that it would be good for timelapse as a 12mp jpg is a good thing to make timelapse from.

Ive done simple timing programming and with help am getting images sent to OneDrive which is remote timelapse

I working on various boxes.

As for video - Ive not been there

Pi_Box01.jpg

These frames delivered to my Onedrive..

3. Collapse Details
    very cool. so you are using the nano here?

I have a handful of schneider machine vision lenses and my current rpi project is to mate them to the HQ camera for an automated film scanner. I bought a used industrial automated microscope with an xy rail system used to image specimens with a removable tray. It accomodated a diy 4x5 film carrier & arca swiss clamp for a mirrorless or rpi camera really well. All lit with some small aputure battery powered lights mounted underneath with a diy diffuser. I just got to learn python now lol

I figure once I learn how to control servo motors I can move onto something like you are doing with smm moco (using trinamic controllers I learned about on a stack-stitch microphotography project on https://www.photomacrography.net/for...&submit=Search). I have a lot of the hardware but am not a coder lol. We'll see how big a problem that is in the next few months I guess

4. Collapse Details
    https://petapixel.com/2021/01/02/how...-film-carrier/

Recently saw this which really intrigues me - using lidar to acquire focus (the sensor used here only works for small distances) on rpi

5. Collapse Details
    Its been outside for three months without breaking.. (sending me pics via a 4g router, to OneDrive)

IMG_4364.jpg