Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Stop talking coo coo. lol

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    I kind of feel this way when I watch the NFL.

That's a big can of worms, huh? Don't open it.
    You ain't alone, my friend. Ooops. Close the can!!!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Stop talking coo coo. lol
    As I might have made known, over the last few years, I made some new acquaintances on Facebook that were once rather successful in the former Soviet Union. Some were TV/video directors; some TV hosts, others performed with prominent musical acts. Some emigrated, most are still living back there. Sometimes they'll post photos from the "old days" (which is often where I get my ideas) and sometimes those photos are from their heyday. Some are private, others are at their former jobs and I am often tempted to say something ... but usually hold back. Most of the times I feel that this was their environment and that is that.

4. Collapse Details
    Most of the times I want more info instead of the obscurity

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
    I've had one for a year. Obstacle avoidance is the best I've seen, and much better than DJI. This makes getting the shot far easier than other drones we've owned. However, the company needs to work on the range of the drone and signal quality between controller and aircraft.

In addition, the software (app) is not nearly as robust as DJI, but more than adequate to produce results.
    How’s the image quality? Do you have anything online you’ve shot with it?
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    The issue with competing with DJI is they're so massive and entrenched at this point... and willing to do pretty much whatever it takes to keep that dominance... that going head to head with them is largely futile unless you have massively deep pockets.

Look at what happened with 3DR and their competition for the Phantom (the 3DR Solo). DJI just dropped their pricing on the Phantom to rock-bottom and largely put 3DR out of business. 3DR didn't really help themselves, but I was at the NAB where 3DR released the Solo... it was the talk of the show... then the Phantom 3 dropped with a price that was stupid aggressive and the wind just disappeared from Solo's sails.

I begrudgingly use DJI products... but if a viable competitor in the drone space came along, I'd ditch them in a heartbeat. Between their competitive tactics, craptastic support, and tendency to completely abandon product lines when the new ones come out... I would be happy to see them taken down a few pegs.
    The Autel Evo II Pro (6k) is awfully good. 6k 30P, 4K up to 60P or 2k up to 120p.
    1 inch Sony sensor. 10 Bit color and log profiles. Independently control iso, shutter
    speed, and iris. Great battery life....they claim 40 minutes and it's actually approaching
    that in real life. No geofencing. It's a pretty good alternative to the Mavic Pro 2.
    I just got mine and have only flown it once so far (lots of rain in Alaska in the winter)
    but I could post a couple shots if you want.
    Here's one of many 'shootout' videos....yeah the YouTubers do these for drones too
    not just cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQciLSAIFs

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    The Autel Evo II Pro (6k) is awfully good. 6k 30P, 4K up to 60P or 2k up to 120p.
    1 inch Sony sensor. 10 Bit color and log profiles. Independently control iso, shutter
    speed, and iris. Great battery life....they claim 40 minutes and it's actually approaching
    that in real life. No geofencing. It's a pretty good alternative to the Mavic Pro 2.
    I just got mine and have only flown it once so far (lots of rain in Alaska in the winter)
    but I could post a couple shots if you want.
    Here's one of many 'shootout' videos....yeah the YouTubers do these for drones too
    not just cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQciLSAIFs
    He lost me immediately as a viewer wanting to see a comparison. Shooting COMPLETELY different scenes in completely different light with the two different drones.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    He lost me immediately as a viewer wanting to see a comparison. Shooting COMPLETELY different scenes in completely different light with the two different drones.
    I think if you watch the whole video
    he posts identical scenes where he really
    goes in and ‘pixel peeps’. Of course you may
    have to get 7 minutes in or so before that happens.
    Or maybe I posted the wrong video, there are a lot
    of comparison videos between these two drones out
    there. However most will show the EVOii Pro 6k is
    at the very least a viable alternative to
    the Mavic Pro 2.

9. Collapse Details
    I actually thought about buying the EVO II Pro... the biggest hangup for me was the cost of the batteries.

$220 each is pretty high compared to DJI. I like to have 5-7 batteries on hand, so that's a pretty significant expense on top of the EVO II itself. Since I'm at high altitude a lot, I chew through batteries quicker than the normal claimed flight times.

The other issue I have with the EVO is the lack of something like the Smart Controller. It's changed my droning for the better big time to not need to use my phone as a screen (and not having to assemble the controller every shoot).

Still, I might have to give one a shot one of these days. The samples look good.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    I actually thought about buying the EVO II Pro... the biggest hangup for me was the cost of the batteries.

$220 each is pretty high compared to DJI. I like to have 5-7 batteries on hand, so that's a pretty significant expense on top of the EVO II itself. Since I'm at high altitude a lot, I chew through batteries quicker than the normal claimed flight times.

The other issue I have with the EVO is the lack of something like the Smart Controller. It's changed my droning for the better big time to not need to use my phone as a screen (and not having to assemble the controller every shoot).

Still, I might have to give one a shot one of these days. The samples look good.
    You make a very good point about the batteries. The EVO batteries are very expensive.
    On the plus side they last longer than the Mavic 2 batteries so you could probably
    get away with 3-5 if you are used to having 5-7 for the Mavic.

Just so you know, the EVO II controller has a built in color screen which you can use
    instead of your phone. However, it's more like something you could use to grab a
    couple shots if you forgot your phone (pretty small screen on it.) Something that is
    nice to have but not really a substitute for something like DJI's smart controller.

Camera is quite good on the EVO II Pro 6k. Just for the record I wasn't
    trying to say the Mavic Pro 2 was bad but some people were expressing a desire
    for an alternative. I think as far as video quality in a portable, fold up drone goes,
    the EVO II Pro 6k is a viable alternative as it seems to give video quality that is
    at worst, equal to the Mavic Pro 2. And the Mavic Pro 2 shoots awfully good looking
    video for such a small, portable drone.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast