Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    I still get those wavy lines when I transfer miniDV using Apple QuickTime player to transfer.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    This is how I transferred my old tapes. Not sure if this would work for you, but every other way I tried was a nightmare.
    https://youtu.be/1l4h_iv56KY
    Thanks! I'll try it. Baby sitting other programs and apps has been awful. Quicktime stops every few minutes sometimes, and after a few tapes, I couldn't do it anymore. I have about 300 tapes (aka 300hrs)

3. Collapse Details
    Another way way to look at this. I recently wanted footage from HDV, DV and VHS-C. Using a modern Pro Res Recorder was super easy once I had the right converters to get footage into HDMI. There are really cheap RCA to HDMI upscalers which look quite good. I used a Convergent Design 7Q to record all the miniDV tapes to 720. You need to use RCA upscaler if you are using miniDV camera, I found Sony Clamshell HDV Decks are cheap now a days and play both HDV and miniDV of all flavors and offer HDMI output.

Once you get video into HDMI format there are lots of cheap ways to capture HDMI in a modern video format.
    Last edited by yachacha; 05-30-2021 at 10:12 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    I have a couple old imacs with built in fw. Might be easier and cheaper for you to buy one on ebay for $100 and then plug a USB drive and copy the footage from there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234