Thread: NAB Show 2020?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NAB Show 2020?
    Given the current circumstances will you visit the NAB Show 2020 (assuming it actually will be held)?

2. Collapse Details
    I'm leaning towards skipping it anyway. I attended 20 years in a row (not as many as some, but still something). But in 2016, I shifted to every other year (and may lengthen that). Mostly, I catch up with old friends. So for me now, NAB isn't a MUST ATTEND! thing. And there's Cinegear, which on the production side, is a much nicer, more fun, and more informative event.

So these days, it's easier for me to think, "maybe I won't go this year after all." I suspect there are a growing number of people who can similarly more easily be convinced to skip NAB. :-(

But I too am curious to see what others are thinking. Thanks for the question Cary!
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

3. Collapse Details
    I googled it and they do have a policy page established already, and it says that as of now it is still planning on taking place.

4. Collapse Details
    Went last year. Will likely skip this year.

I try to always attend cinegear.

5. Collapse Details
    I think a lot of people will decide if they're definitely going or not going depending on what happens & what's said within the next 30 days or so.

6. Collapse Details
    PhotoKina in Köln (end of May) said they're not canceling but the Geneva Auto Show (March, 5th-15th) has.

The early casualties so far are in Washington state but there are two new cases in Florida.

7. Collapse Details
    AJA announced today that they're pulling out:

From a couple hours ago. Perhaps not the last. Also, "AJA remains fully committed to transitioning all of our planned NAB events... to web-based video conferences."

Note that there's at least one case (currently mild) near Grass Valley, and a few more down the mountain from them.

====
    https://www.facebook.com/ajavideo/ph...4691322720354/

It is with a heavy heart that AJA is withdrawing from the NAB 2020 show in Las Vegas due to the risks from the Coronavirus. We have made this decision out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our employees and partners worldwide.

While we will miss gathering with our friends and colleagues from around the world, AJA remains fully committed to transitioning all of our planned NAB events (product announcements and demos, channel partner meeting and press conference) to web-based video conferences. We have exciting product news to share, and we look forward to bringing those products to market as planned.

AJA is a community-based company with a majority of our staff, product development and manufacturing located in Grass Valley, California and in light of the risks presented by Covid-19, having a physical presence at NAB posed too great of a risk.

For the latest updates and developments regarding event participation and upcoming web events, please be sure to follow AJA on Twitter via @AJAVideo (https://twitter.com/AJAVideo).
    ====
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    AJA announced today that they're pulling out:
    AJA is one of my favorite companies at NAB, they have folks on the floor who know their products inside out!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    All this talk of AJA being big. What relevant products do they make? Back in the Sony F3 days they had a recorder which no one uses anymore, and then the AJA Cion which no one bought. I guess they sell products that aren't geared towards videographers?

Fatality rates are quite low for healthy young people. It seems the media doesn't like to mention that because that would cause less of a concern among a large percentage of the public, and therefore less paying attention to the media.
    And again I say unto you, it is easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle, than for a camel to enter into the kingdom of God.

Vimeo Page: https://Vimeo.com/TwoSenseFilms

0 out of 6 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Having been to NAB several times, I can tell you that AJA always has a pretty big booth. They make a lot of products that end up in the editing suite or on a live/streaming production. Lots of streaming gear, I/O boxes, ingest cards... stuff like that.

AJA also used to (maybe they still do/did, I lost my connection for a pass) throw the biggest party at NAB.

While they're not Canon or Sony level, AJA is a pretty decent sized exhibitor to pull out of the show.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast