Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Just finished season two... And it paid off. The first four episodes were Zzzzz... Yes, there were some important parts in them, but they could have rolled the first half of season two into one/one and a half episodes. 85%-90% of each of the first four episodes was filler. Chinese newspaper and sawdust. 5, 6 and 7 were ribeye's on the grill and episode 8 was filet with a crab cake appetizer and creme brûlée for dessert.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    Lol. That was epic. I decided years ago that I just
    don’t listen to ‘critics’ or ‘the enlightened public.’
    One too many times hearing about how horrible an
    Adam Sandler comedy was and how great the European
    art film of the moment was. I then decided that I tend
    to not agree with the ‘critics’ and indeed often have the
    opposite opinion from them. So now I often watch things
    specifically BECAUSE the ‘enlightened foreign art film’
    crowd says they are bad.

I personally thought the Mandelorian started a little
    slow but got better and better as it went on. Really
    liked the last episode. It was honestly kind of the
    story of a foster parent. Just this particular foster
    parent happens to be ‘space Batman’!

Exactly! And I kept thinking about who the Mandalorian reminds me of! )))
    I loved this show from the first episodes of the first season. And judging by his current rating, a lot of people are watching The Mandalorian in isolation from the general history of Star Wars. The plot isn't really too tied.
    Space Batman))
    In our time, which can be called the second stage of the space race, perhaps it was the cosmic nature of everything that happens in the series that allowed it to rise so high in the rating. When there is a lot of news around about new missions to Mars, new launches, new companies - why not watch something about space travel.

3. Collapse Details
    I binge-watched both seasons over the span of a few days. I think it was a mistake to drop it per-episode. You lose flow having to wait a week, and I think that detracts from the experience. Overall, I thought it was fairly well-balanced, but only in full context, and I can see how getting it small chunks would be unsatisfying.

I do wish they had done more with Mando freezing his bounties in carbonite and packing them in like sides of beef.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    I binge-watched both seasons over the span of a few days. I think it was a mistake to drop it per-episode. You lose flow having to wait a week, and I think that detracts from the experience. Overall, I thought it was fairly well-balanced, but only in full context, and I can see how getting it small chunks would be unsatisfying.

I do wish they had done more with Mando freezing his bounties in carbonite and packing them in like sides of beef.
    That’s the main reason I waited until the season was done(fully released), so I could watch it all in a few days. I do the same thing with some other series that release one episode at a time. Or at the very least, sometimes I’ll wait till it gets several episodes in, before I’ll start.

5. Collapse Details
    ***SEASON 2 SPOILERS***\

The second half of Season 2 was good! It remedied a lot of my personal lukewarm feelings towards Season 1, or the first few episodes of Season 2. Those felt a bit too much like detached video game levels.

I enjoyed more clearly seeing and feeling a developing meta-narrative in Season 2 that tied the episodes together, so that not only each episode had a felt sense of progression, but the entire season had a sense of progression. It also seems like they worked to address the feeling of the world seeming empty in Season 1, with a number of pieces having a greater sense of scale - be it a small town or a stormtrooper fight. Also nice to see more of Star Wars lore (Jedis, etc.) tied in. There was certainly more action, and all of it felt interesting and motivated.

I hope that they increase budget for Season 3 further, and other Star Wars shows like the Obi Wan series.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234