1. Collapse Details
    new hack for zcam e1

2. Collapse Details
    Very interesting, I wonder what they could get out of the E2 camera???

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Very interesting, I wonder what they could get out of the E2 camera???
    no connection. He was able to hack the e1 because it followed a similar protocol to the yi4k hacks...similar boards etc.

4. Collapse Details
    I would guess that the E2 is designed in a similar way using "off the shelf" components (with data sheets). But the cost of the camera will keep it out of some hands. I'll have to keep an eye on the PV forums more often, some really creative people there.

5. Collapse Details
    sadly...it doesn't work. I tested 2 of his patches and the camera was still recording just under 60mbps. And he just posted that he found a flaw in his hacking. I just wonder cause he reported seeing 100mbps files? How'd that happen I wonder. Now he says he'll have to create a complete new filmware for the camera, which I'd guess is 100x more difficult. The e1 has the same ambarella components as the yi. And during the process, I upgraded from .30 to .31 and the footage doesn't look good. Now I'll have to downgrade, or wait to see if he can do anything, or it was just hot air.

ps...it's possible I'm doing something wrong cause he keeps saying he's now up to 200mbps
    Last edited by kurth; 02-20-2019 at 05:59 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    okkkk...got it working. It's how you extract the .ash file from github. You open the .ash file, then hit raw button, then "save page as". If you try any other way of placing those codes, or the .ash file on your card, it won't read it.