Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dear Friends,

We expect to make some FS700 owners real happy.

Stay Tuned.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
    Dear Friends,

We expect to make some FS700 owners real happy.

Stay Tuned.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design
    Haha, this is very much a Jim Jannard post

Nevertheless I'm staying tuned, this really could be quite big!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Prendi View Post
    Haha, this is very much a Jim Jannard post

Nevertheless I'm staying tuned, this really could be quite big!
    HAHAHA !

Definitely a Jannard-ish post !

But still gives hope for us FS700 owners, but I expect Sony to be an a**.

4. Collapse Details
    Dear Friends,

I certainly do not mean to tease. I was trying my best to answer the questions instead of ignoring them.

This is a very hot topic, as many with a FS700 want to record with an external recorder to gain more functionality.

I just can't release the information until all of the approvals and details are firmly in place.

So, we will release the information as soon as possible.

It is a pleasure working with Sony.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design

5. Collapse Details
    Dear Friends,

Yesterday I talked about our Avid DNxHD project, which is broken down into two parts the decoder and then the encoder.

We now have the decoder portion working 100%.

We decoded a SMPTE standard Avid DNxHD test file, and the results look perfect (in our very critical analysis).

So, we are now onto coding the encoder portion of the project.

The Avid DNxHD compressed codec will be added free to all Gemini 4:4:4's as soon as it is ready.

And it will be part of the "Compressed Codec" option (available at extra cost) for the Odyssey7 and Odyssey7Q.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design

6. Collapse Details
    If it can record 4K RAW 12bit coming from the FS700 and if it costs me less than an AXS-R5 recorder + interface then I would definitely buy one Odyssey !

It's also a monitor so I should also add the price of an AC7 OLED monitor to the equation to be absolutely fair...

Anyway, good to hear that things are going well with Sony and looking forward for any news regarding the FS700 !
    Last edited by S.Blanchardon; 03-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    the other advantage... besides price... its the size of a monitor... so you don't have that long bazooka 700 with the AXS-R5 and interface... that was shown...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post

It is a pleasure working with Sony.

That's heartwarming, I say without irony. Sony putting customers first by making available the info you need to read that stream. Brilliant.

I think they realized they could have another big blast of FS700 sales with an affordable 4K recorder, and they'd be right.

If that FS700 raw is anything like the F5 raw, watch out. Holy cow. Lotta folks going to be making awesome material for $10K.

9. Collapse Details
    I think we've seen RAW from enough cameras to know that once you go to that level of bayer video data, the sky truly seems to be the limit.

The FS700 with ext. recorder is going to make an excellent contender in the 35mm RAW arena and I see a lot of folks switching over to it from BMC who really want to work with a larger sensor and maximize the 35mm lens format.
    Dennis Hingsberg

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Weaver View Post
    I think they realized they could have another big blast of FS700 sales with an affordable 4K recorder, and they'd be right.

If that FS700 raw is anything like the F5 raw, watch out. Holy cow. Lotta folks going to be making awesome material for $10K.
    Head of nail hit. I am the kind of person that this move would appeal to. The FS700 is a great camera and the slow mo is cool and all, but I want something future proof. I am totally over this culture of buying a new camera every 12 months. It's been going on for a few years now and it's getting ridiculous. Buyers can't buy with confidence, through fear of depreciation and obsolesce putting them out of business. Hence the reason I've just been renting and investing in glass.

The FS700 was the first step in the right direction for Sony (and the F5/F55 are just totally amazing). 35mm sensor, real frame rates and the ability to record 4k. That gives me confidence to invest in a camera again, as I believe it will last me 3 years and I can recoup my investment safely. But that recorder and adapter, Sheesh! I had flashbacks of Franken-cam EX3+DOF adapter. No Sony, NO!

So if Sony ever read this forum (and they probably don't), it looks like Convergent Design are onto a winner here, so please let them do their thing and make the FS700 a viable future proof camera... Plus give us a sweet monitor at the same time

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast