1. Collapse Details
    Is the HPX500 actually shipping?
    Does anyone know if any dealers have HPX500's in stock yet? Or better still,
    has anyone actually got one but isn't saying?

Peter
    Peter Corbett
    php.com.au

2. Collapse Details
    Si!!! Ya llego.
    Yes,

I already received my with the Fuji CAC Lense.

Will be doing some testing over the weekend.

So far I'm impressed with the external apparency, very well build.
    A lot heavier than my "olds" HDU100. So if you're used to small prosummer cameras, you'll build muscle with this one.

Fuji lenses seems adecuate (a lot better that the one the came with the HD100), I haven't done that much testing yet so I don't know how good or bad it is, image looks good though (Haven't seen CAC yet), however, as any lense in this price range, it breaths a little, no that bad, one will be able to achieve some good rack focus shots.
    Talking about focus,... the DOF of this package is quite good, BIG jump for the 1/3 world... not as good as 35mm but good enough for me, so I don't think I will use any Pro35/M2/35mm adapter anytime soon, maybe renting some Digiprime will do the trick too when that Very-Ultra-Super-Shallow DOF is needed, other than that, zoom and aperture will get you quite there to achieve that "cinematic" look.

I will try to post some footage over the weekend, for now, it's back to my "real" job (I'm an engineer, video & filmmaking is my hobby/part time business).

For me, this camera is the real deal! and it's here already. Very good package for the price.
    Congrats to Jen & thePanasonic Team, you got a winner.

BR,

Gustavo

-------------------------------------
    By the way, How can I upload pics and footage to this board? (In case someone is interested )

3. Collapse Details
    I will host them for you if you want/need. Just PM me

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavotg
    Yes,

I already received my with the Fuji CAC Lense.

Will be doing some testing over the weekend.

-------------------------------------
    By the way, How can I upload pics and footage to this board? (In case someone is interested )
    I've got space on an otherwise dormant domain. If the files aren't too large (<50MB), I can host them or at least co-host with others providing mirrors. Just PM me and I'll give you ftp access for an upload.

Is there any way you can get your hands on an SD 2/3" lens to do some comparisons of stuff shot in HD using the Fuji HD lens that came packaged and the SD lens? I really want to see what the image hits are in the SD lens configuration.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Visit The Chase Lounge, home of the best Sopranos discussion forums on the Net!