1. Collapse Details
    what setup should i get?
    I am going to purchase a new camera soon, either a dvx or hvx. I am going to be shooting some promo/marketing spots for a winery.
    I am looking for some advice on some good mics and accessories for either the dvx or hvx. So what do you think is a good setup?

Also, dvx or hvx? what do you think.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerhowarth
    I am going to purchase a new camera soon, either a dvx or hvx. I am going to be shooting some promo/marketing spots for a winery.
    I am looking for some advice on some good mics and accessories for either the dvx or hvx. So what do you think is a good setup?

Also, dvx or hvx? what do you think.
    Get the DVX. HD has yet to catch up. I mean its hard enough to pay the ridiculos prices for the P2 cards. They could run up to 1300 a pop. That was for the 8gb. I think they released the 16gb latley. I have a friend who has one and we did a side by side comparison using the 480 setting on his HVX. That is the lowest setting on the HVX, brings the quality to be about the same as the DVX, and is the only setting on the HVX that can use the miniDV tapes . Of course his camera shot a little better than mine did. But only in the richness in the color. But that is a quick fix in editing. So really the quality wasent all that different.

Its when he shot HD that it looked great. But agiain those cards are crazy. And in the highest HD setting one minute of footage takes up 1gb!!! WTF!!

I think its best to just stick with the DVX, it'll be easier to edit the footage cause editing HD footage kills the CPU. And it'll be a lot less hastle then to switch cards and dump the footage every so often. I dont know it all depends on what is most important to you.